Windows 10: I lost my Desktop

Discus and support I lost my Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielElfman, Jul 30, 2019.

1. I lost my Desktop

I lost my Desktop after making changes in The Task Manager. My Laptop is booting up very slow and Firefox was starting very slow without anything to even show me that it was working.

I changed things from startup to startup Delayed also somethings were disabled and were changed to startup delayed.

Since then one of the error messages was (c:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop unavailable)

:)

DanielElfman, Jul 30, 2019
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 30, 2019
  3. Misiowiec Win User
    Lost desktop background

I did a Search & Distroy spyware scan the other day, and one of the suggested "fixes" said something about removing Active Desktop. Like the muppet I am I clicked yes and am now without a desktop background picture.

Does anyone have an idea how to reverse this? If I try to select a picture it's simply not added as a background.

Misiowiec, Jul 30, 2019
  4. I lost my Desktop

lost folders from desktop

Hello,

It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you have tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried to check your Recycle Bin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we advise that you follow the suggestions provided in this
    article
    on how to find missing files in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Jul 30, 2019
Thema:

I lost my Desktop

1. I lost my Desktop - Similar Threads - lost Desktop

2. Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?: I woke up this morning to see my desktop performing an update on its Windows 10 firmware. However, the message on the screen said, "100%. There was an error applying the update." I thought nothing of it. So I manually turn off my computer and turn it back on again. But when...
  3. Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?: I woke up this morning to see my desktop performing an update on its Windows 10 firmware. However, the message on the screen said, "100%. There was an error applying the update." I thought nothing of it. So I manually turn off my computer and turn it back on again. But when...
  4. Windows Update to Desktop Computer Causes Error and Now Signal is Lost. What Do I Do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have lost the icons on my desktop as well as the apps in my system tray.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost the icons on my desktop as well as the apps in my system tray.: I have lost the icons on my desktop as well as the apps in my system tray. Also when I open an app it goes to my task bar, comes up as a small window. To open it I have to right click on it and press move, then press one of the arrow key and it comes up. We did lose power for...
  6. I have lost my desktop settings etc

in Windows 10 Support
    I have lost my desktop settings etc: Hello, last week I logged in to my laptop as usual and found my desktop totally depleted, as if I was signing in as a guest. I had received a message about logging back out and in, and I am pretty sure I chose the option log out. The night before I: had to force the shutdown...
  7. Lost Desktop Background

Lost Desktop Background: I spent hours meticulously selected hundreds of photos for a desktop background slideshow on my desktop and my laptop bacground synced over it whithout even a prompt without my ever setting any preference to do so. How can I revover the deleted file of the slideshow?...
  8. I have changed the used folder name and lost data desktop, startmenu, ..

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have changed the used folder name and lost data desktop, startmenu, ..: This is the process i followedchanged folder name from Laksh --> lakshmi_narayana1. changed the name of user folder in file explorer by switching Administrator2. changed the path in Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList3. changed...
  9. Lost photos and desktop after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost photos and desktop after Windows update: windows updated my computer on May 12. I found my photos and videos moved to users/my name/one drive/photos. I didn’t do anything and a couple days later, windows updated my computer again. Now my photos and videos are no where to be seen. All of them are gone. I tried the...
  10. Lost icons on the desktop and file manager

Lost icons on the desktop and file manager: As the figure showns below, on the desktop, the apps are functionally normal but the icons are missing. That also happens in the file manager. However, in the startup menu, the icons and tiles are normal. I have tried restarting my PC, "/scannow" on cmd which no issue is...