Windows 10: I lost my files after reset

Discus and support I lost my files after reset in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did a reset because my computer often crashed with blue screen. Currently the system works without problems but I cannot find my important files in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KevinPatton2, Dec 3, 2018.

1. I lost my files after reset

I did a reset because my computer often crashed with blue screen. Currently the system works without problems but I cannot find my important files in Appdata folder, I have collected some of these files for a few years. Please help me to find them. I found windows.old files but they are broken.

:)

KevinPatton2, Dec 3, 2018

2. Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2018
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Dec 3, 2018
  4. figgirigh Win User

I lost my files after reset

How to recover the lost messages?

1. Re-create your mail folder hierarchy by dragging folders into place in the Folder list. Note that any folder you have created to group sub-folders but that does not itself contain messages will not appear in the Folder list and so must be created again.
    2. Re-download the list of newsgroups from each news account.
    3. Reset your subscribed newsgroups and download messages again.
    4. Reset synchronization options on IMAP and newsgroup folders.
    5. Edit any message rule that moves or copies messages to folders other than the Inbox.
    These are the steps from which you can get the lost information back. And if your information not recovered again then it might be severe problem .In this case you have to go for recovery software to get your dbx files data back. I can refer you a link which can surely help you to get your lost data back. Try
    http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarge...tlook-express/

figgirigh, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

I lost my files after reset

1. I lost my files after reset - Similar Threads - lost files reset

2. My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...: My system: gtx 750ti Cpu intel core i5 10400f 2.9ghzRam 16gbHard disk 500 gbSsd 256 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-resetted-itself-and-i-lost-my-all-files-a/49248704-6a02-4709-a693-abed52d5fd9a
  3. My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...: My system: gtx 750ti Cpu intel core i5 10400f 2.9ghzRam 16gbHard disk 500 gbSsd 256 gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-resetted-itself-and-i-lost-my-all-files-a/49248704-6a02-4709-a693-abed52d5fd9a
  4. My pc resetted itself and I lost my all files a week ago and after reseting itself started...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost my activation after Reseting PC

Lost my activation after Reseting PC: When i bought my laptop it was already installed and was originally Windows 10 , but i upgraded to Windows 11 for free on the settings. I needed to reset my pc because of some issue, i chose the local reinstall and keep my files, after reinstalling it did not ask for a key...
  6. Lost my activation after Reseting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my activation after Reseting PC: When i bought my laptop it was already installed and was originally Windows 10 , but i upgraded to Windows 11 for free on the settings. I needed to reset my pc because of some issue, i chose the local reinstall and keep my files, after reinstalling it did not ask for a key...
  7. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  8. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option: I lost all my files for unkown reason after reset PC keep my file option I have tried recovery my files by easeUs every seem to be okay until i realize i can't open images png,jpg and those images are unable to upload to the internet. Please help me....
  9. I lost all my files after reset PC keep my file option

10. Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost files after I did a Windows Reset "Keep my Files": Recently did a reset on my laptop and I chose the keep my files option. Sadly, I cannot find my files anywhere. Even in the windows.old folder, it isn't there. I tried EaseUS to recover but most are unreadable....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset my laptop lost microsoft office