Windows 10: I lost my folder in Live Mail

Discus and support I lost my folder in Live Mail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use Live Mail on my PC running Windows 10. Yesterday I moved an e-mail folder to the "Storage Folders" and cannot find it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SiriousDegenhardt, Nov 12, 2018.

1. I lost my folder in Live Mail

I use Live Mail on my PC running Windows 10. Yesterday I moved an e-mail folder to the "Storage Folders" and cannot find it.

:)

SiriousDegenhardt, Nov 12, 2018
  2. Paolo Mag Win User

Windows live mail deleted email and lost folders

Hello,

Windows Live Mail are prone to getting lost even if you don’t delete them. In some cases, Windows Live Mail users have reported some or all of their Windows Live Mail folders disappearing either after a Windows update or a Windows Live Mail Update or following
    the deletion of any one email folder. For us to resolve this issue, we suggest that you follow the methods to restore lost Windows Live Mail email folders listed below:

Method 1: Restore the folders using Compact View

• Open Windows Live Mail. Click on View in the taskbar.
    • Click on Compact View. Doing so will collapse all of the Windows Live Mail folders listed and a green sign in the shape of a plus will appear under them.
    • Click on the green plus. As soon as you do so, a dialog box that lists ALL of the Windows Live Mail folders on your computer – including the ones that you have lost – will appear.
    • Simply check each of the lost folders that you want to restore by clicking on the checkbox beside them, and then click on
      OK.
    • Once done, click on View and then click on Compact View. As soon as you click on Compact View the second time, all the email folders that you thought you had lost should appear exactly where they should be.

Method 2: Restore the folders that were lost using the import feature from the default directory where the mail’s are stored

• The first step is to Hold the Windows Key and Press R.
    • Then, type %appdata% and click OK.
    • Once there, check the following locations:

AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail

AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • You will then see your folders in one of those directories, copy everything and create a new folder on Desktop. Name it as
      Back Up Live Mail or something. This will be the back up folder, the reason it is supposed to be copied is to not corrupt or mess up the existing data.
    • Now that you've got the back up, you'll need to import the files to your Windows Live Mail.
    • Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Open the File menu located in the upper left corner of the window.
    • Click on Import messages in the File.
    • Select the file format in which you saved your Windows Live Mail backup. If you’re restoring from the back up in the above method, then use the
      Windows Live Mail option and click Next. Click on
      Browse, navigate to the folder in which your backup is stored, click on the backup file (the folder or mailbox) you want to restore to select it and then click on
      Next. Click on Next. As soon as you receive a message confirming the success of the restoration of the folders, feel free to click on
      Finish and see that the folders you restored are now visible in the left pane under Storage folders or where they were imported.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Windows Live email folders

Hi,

I would suggest you locate the Windows Live Mail Folder and see if your important folders are available.

Follow the steps below:

Step 1: Show all hidden Files.

• Click on File Explorer and then click on the View Tab.
    • Check Show Hidden Files/Folders.
    Step 2: Open the WLM Store folder.

• Go to the Mentioned path: C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
    • Now go to the Storage folders location and look for your important folders.
    • If they are available, follow the steps below.
    • Make a copy of Windows Live Mail Folders and store it in a path you can easily access.
    • Now, open Windows Live Mail Account.
    • Click Alt + F key and press Import Messages.
    • Select Windows Live Mail and click Next.
    • Browse the folder and locate the file.
    • Finally press Next.
    • You will find your imported messages in the Imported folder.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 12, 2018
  4. I lost my folder in Live Mail

recover folder from windows live mail

Hi I formatted my hard drive and installed win 7 64bit and I forgot to copy my private folder from Windows Live Mail is there any way to recover it.

cookiemonster, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

I lost my folder in Live Mail

1. I lost my folder in Live Mail - Similar Threads - lost folder Live

2. the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...: the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it expanded but I cant seem to be able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-panel-on-my-windows-live-mail-it-is/91aab183-b800-45fb-b946-7cc27b0f0dfc
  3. the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it...: the folder panel on my windows live mail, it is permanently collapsed and I prefer it expanded but I cant seem to be able to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-folder-panel-on-my-windows-live-mail-it-is/91aab183-b800-45fb-b946-7cc27b0f0dfc
  4. folders disappeared in windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    folders disappeared in windows live mail: After having a windows10 update I have lost many af my folders from windows live mail https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-disappeared-in-windows-live-mail/8cdfdec0-2ea0-461c-b425-93df123f5991
  5. lost contacts in Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost contacts in Windows live mail: Hi, I recently changed password for my Microsoft account because it asked me too. recently got 1909 Since then my live mail has asked me for a password which I cannot remember. I assume that is my Microsoft accouunt password. It has now lost my contacts. At the moment...
  6. Live Mail lost e-mail

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Live Mail lost e-mail: windows live mail warns me that it has downloaded what appears to Phishing e-mail but where is it? I would like to look at it to confirm Windows Security opinion https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-mail-lost-e-mail/22a5206e-0957-418b-b177-b1451274686c"
  7. copy windows live mail folder into windows 10 mail

copy windows live mail folder into windows 10 mail: Can I copy Windows Live Mail folders, mail and contacts into Windows 10 mail? I have a Windows 7 computer and I know where the live mail folders are stored. I use a Comcast pop3 mail server and my mail is not stored on the external server but on my Windows 7 PC. I am...
  8. Replacing Windows Live Mail before it is lost forever.

Replacing Windows Live Mail before it is lost forever.: I have W10 v1903 and am still running Windows Live Mail. I am very concerned that I will lose this at the next update but can not find an alternative. Windows Mail seems to be universally badly received and at 75 years old I will probably not cope with it any better than...
  9. SPAMfighter folder in windows live mail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SPAMfighter folder in windows live mail: Hi, I saw a new folder marked SPAMfighter in WLM and having very recently tried it and then uninstalled it and installed MailWasher instead, I thought the new SPAMfighter folder must be a remnant and tried to delete it but it wouldn't allow me to. I then went to my...
  10. Win Live Mail lost some contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Win Live Mail lost some contacts: Desktop PC,Win 10,FF primary,IE secondary. I used Outlook mail on my XP laptop and liked it. When I got this PC I could not use Outlook and went to Live Mail. I do not find it to be user friendly like the old Outlook. Today I went to send an email and found about half of my...