Windows 10: I lost my new SSD

Discus and support I lost my new SSD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK, I admit it. I brought this on myself. I wanted to clone my small SSD C: drive to a new and larger SSD. I put the new SSD in the computer and looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fuguroojin, Feb 16, 2019.

1. I lost my new SSD

OK, I admit it. I brought this on myself. I wanted to clone my small SSD C: drive to a new and larger SSD. I put the new SSD in the computer and looked for it. It is not in 'This PC'. No surprise there, so I go to disk management and it shows up there. Good. I make it active, and format it, and now I screw up. I do not check the box to assign a path and drive letter. I was given to believe that the cloning program I was going to use would find all drives and I could proceed merrily with my cloning. NOT SO. I can not find my new SSD anywhere and do not have the slightest idea about how to reverse my screw up. No, it does not show in Disk Management or diskpart. Can someone help me pull my fat out of the fire?

:)

Fuguroojin, Feb 16, 2019
  2. gabbydgar Win User

Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Feb 16, 2019
  3. SSD stops and freezes laptop

Couple of updates:

1. I created a Linux boot USB key, and monitored my SSD under Linux, so this is evidently not a Windows issue, and
    2. I loaded new firmware for the SSD, and my system seems to be functioning normally now. What a pleasure using a PC that doesn't consistently freeze up.

Thanks to all y'all for your suggestions!

Regards,

Dave

DavidMiller36415, Feb 16, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I lost my new SSD

Macrium Reflect and SSD drive

Here's an easy way to do it, With your SSD connected.

1. If not already done. Create a backup image of your current Windows HD. From Macrium, click on "Create an image of the partition(s) required to backup and restore Windows"
      NOTE: you could actually clone the disk, but create a backup then restore will allow Macrium to correctly align the cluster size and perform trimming on the new SSD.
    2. After step 1 is done, click on Restore tab, select the image from step 1 then click on Select different target disk, select the SSD as destination disk then click on Next->Finish. No need to use/boot from Rescue disk. It will be faster and Macrium will also perform trimming on the new SSD.
    3. Disconnect the HD and reboot. Windows should boot up with the new SSD.

topgundcp, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

I lost my new SSD

1. I lost my new SSD - Similar Threads - lost SSD

2. SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset: Hi all,My laptop was crashing VERY regularly. I decided to factory reset it and I set that process going. Midway through the reset the laptop crashed. When I tried to turn it on again it said it couldn't boot. I assume windows was half deleted or something.I downloaded a new...
  3. SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD lost 95% of its volume during reset: Hi all,My laptop was crashing VERY regularly. I decided to factory reset it and I set that process going. Midway through the reset the laptop crashed. When I tried to turn it on again it said it couldn't boot. I assume windows was half deleted or something.I downloaded a new...
  4. hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....: hi,my laptop hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key. how can I get my product key again? Please need help....
  5. hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....

hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....: hi,my laptop hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key. how can I get my product key again? Please need help....
  6. hard drive was damaged and has to replace with ssd. now I lost my windows 10 product key....

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.: Greetings. I had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and it was all working fine till yesterday. The computer suddenly was very slow since yesterday's boot-up. I couldn't do any of my work. A single click would take half a minute to go through. I thought, "screw it, let's just...
  8. SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.

SSD corrupted out of nowhere. Data lost. Windows won't boot.: Greetings. I had Windows 11 installed on my laptop and it was all working fine till yesterday. The computer suddenly was very slow since yesterday's boot-up. I couldn't do any of my work. A single click would take half a minute to go through. I thought, "screw it, let's just...
  9. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?: will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?if lost what is the solution so that the license is not lost? Or, just simply log in with a Microsoft account?...
  10. will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?

will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?: will the windows pro license be lost if the os is moved from hdd to ssd?if lost what is the solution so that the license is not lost? Or, just simply log in with a Microsoft account?...