Windows 10: I LOST MY NOTEPAD

Discus and support I LOST MY NOTEPAD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I WROTE AMEASSAGE FOR MY CHURCH AND NOW I CAN'T FIND WHERE LOOK FOR IT AT PLEASE HELP.............. Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FireDragonboy36, May 4, 2019.

1. I LOST MY NOTEPAD

I WROTE AMEASSAGE FOR MY CHURCH AND NOW I CAN'T FIND WHERE LOOK FOR IT AT PLEASE HELP...........

:)

FireDragonboy36, May 4, 2019

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 4, 2019
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, May 4, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

I LOST MY NOTEPAD

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, May 4, 2019
Thema:

I LOST MY NOTEPAD

1. I LOST MY NOTEPAD - Similar Threads - LOST NOTEPAD

2. How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details": i lost my notepad file due to my laptop got hanged and then i turned it off. after that my battery got low all of the sudden it shut down. It wasn't saved and unable to find it and it is very important please help me out I don't have a notepadd++...
  3. How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover lost notepad file? "Please Read Details": i lost my notepad file due to my laptop got hanged and then i turned it off. after that my battery got low all of the sudden it shut down. It wasn't saved and unable to find it and it is very important please help me out I don't have a notepadd++...
  4. LOST NOTEPAD DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    LOST NOTEPAD DATA: SO I LOST MY NOTE PAD DATA AS I SAVED DIFFERENT DATA IN THE SAME NAME AND CLICKED ON THE OPTION "REPLACE <FILENAME>". IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET MY PREVIOUS DATA OF THE NOTEPAD???????...
  5. Lost NotePad and WordPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost NotePad and WordPad: NotePad and WordPad have disappeared from my Windows 10. Hot can I recover them? I tried to add them from the store and I get this error 0x80070002. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notepad-and-wordpad/5d960806-311f-41a2-9b1e-93e1faa5e494
  6. finding a lost notepad document

finding a lost notepad document: I created a short document yesterday on Notepad. When I tried to print it, it would not respond and print. Now I cannot find this document anywhere, and I did not delete it. The history of documents shows my search for it, but also says not found; no bytes used. where did...
  7. I need help to find the lost notepad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need help to find the lost notepad: I have the notepad folder in my desktop with all my passwords and everything that I need daily but today I don't know it just got deleted or lost cuz I couldn't find it in the recycle bin and it's just not there. Please help me. submitted by /u/mol7ekma [link] [comments]...
  8. LOST ARTICLE IN NOTEPAD

LOST ARTICLE IN NOTEPAD: I saved an article I typed in Windows 10 Notepad. When I retrieved it in my documents it has come out in a very different format which i cannot use. Is there any way I can get my original back....
  9. App Finale Notepad crashed in Win10, I lost it all but, see file in Temp crash dump with...

App Finale Notepad crashed in Win10, I lost it all but, see file in Temp crash dump with...: I was writing a piece of music in Win10 using Finale Notepad 2012. I was nearly finished and spent all day doing it. Then the app crashed for some reason. It has never happened before. I see a file in: This Pc>Local DiskC:>Users>der der>AppData>Local>CrashDumps\Finale...
  10. notepad I lost my file

notepad I lost my file: Hi microsoft.. I lost my file in notepad, how can i get that back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-i-lost-my-file/ad3923bd-7b39-4947-a238-d07d60efbe03

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost my work on notepad