Windows 10: I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

Discus and support I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MagnusNordbø, Jan 23, 2022.

1. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my microsoft account mistake on my part.On that keysite, they say it's for a fresh installation of windows. Is there no way I can just reactivate my current windows with a new key?

:)

MagnusNordbø, Jan 23, 2022

2. Windows Product Key

A friend of mine has an all-in-one that came with Windows 8 pre-installed. He erased the original OS thinking he could install another version of Windows 8. One thing he encountered, that he didn't expect, the BIOS/UEFI has a password. So, basically he is locked out from installing another OS. His BIOS has the product key nestled inside. Is it possible to find out which version the product key belong to?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 23, 2022
  3. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jan 23, 2022
  4. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

Lost Original windows Product Key

I gave my laptop to my Cousin to use for some reason he uninstalled the Original windows 10 and Installed windows 7.. Now i lost all my drivers my Factory reset option and my original Product key. So is there a way to retrieve the same?

ArunKumar8, Jan 23, 2022
Thema:

I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

1. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to... - Similar Threads - lost original product

2. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  3. should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    should I buy an OEM product key for windows 10 or buy a retail product key?: I want to use this key to transfer many times in the future. So a retail product key can be used for future version of windows? like windows 11, windows 12pretend next version after 11 is 12? or I cannot?...
  4. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...: As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my...
  5. I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I lost my original windows product key. Can I buy another product key and use that to...: As in title. I can get a pretty cheap retail windows key on a keysite. But I would rather avoid the hassle of reinstalling windows and losing all my files just for a simple reactivation. I need a product key again because I changed motherboard and didn't bind my key to my...
  6. I lost my windows product keys.

I lost my windows product keys.: Last night, it tried to update windows but failed. The next morning, I got BSOD non-stop. Then I ran a hardware check and clean windows reinstall. After that, I got a message telling me that my windows aren't activated even though I activated it before....
  7. i lost my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost my product key: hi okay so im only 12 y/o and i do not have the box for my product key , i threw it away and i dont know how to acctivate my microsoft, my parents also dont know where its at so idk what to do , do i have to go to fixing shop to find it cause i diont have it and im scared?...
  8. Buying Product Keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Buying Product Keys: I am looking to find a website to buy Windows 10 keys, I also need them to be reliable, if going to the MS store and buying w10 pro for msrp is the only option I have then so be it. Thanks for any input. submitted by /u/StockVortec [link] [comments]...
  9. I lost my product key

I lost my product key: Hi La familia I lost my product key before activating my windows. How do i get it. Help Regards Sizah https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-product-key/bce014b1-268b-4bc7-9b53-9c9a831967d0"
  10. I lost my product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I lost my product key: Hi guys, I restarted my PC and I tried to install windows 10 again but I cant find my product key. I got it from my university and you guys provided my one but I could not find it this time. Please help ASAP....