Windows 10: I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!

Discus and support I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I updated my PC a few months ago and then hadn't used up until a few days ago. Most of my files are missing, and cannot go back to previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by NatanSkorput, Sep 15, 2020.

1. I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!

Hi all, I updated my PC a few months ago and then hadn't used up until a few days ago. Most of my files are missing, and cannot go back to previous version because it's been more than 10 days. I updated again to see if it would revert the situation but still nothing. What else can I do?

:)

NatanSkorput, Sep 15, 2020

2. How to view WordPad Previous Versions.

Hi,

With regard to you query about restoring previous version of a file, please follow the methods below:

Method 1: Restore Previous version

• Right-click the file.
    • Select Restore Previous versions.
    • Click on Previous Versions tab.
    • You may see a list of older copies of the file available.

Method 2:

You may also check the File History. File History saves copies of your files so you can get them back if they're lost or damaged.

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select All Control Panel Items.
    • Click on File History.
    • Select Restore personal files.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Lost Files after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you have
    lost all your personal folders. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version. Previous versions are copies of files
    and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point. Previous versions are sometimes referred to as shadow copies.

• Are you able to find all the data in Windows.Old folder?
    Method 1

Step 1: If you don’t know the path, Press Windows key and R key together.

Step 2: Type “C:” and tap on
    Enter key

Step 3: Open Windows.Old folder and check.

Please get back to us, we will be happy to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 15, 2020
  4. I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!

Recovering Lost Files

Hi, Shaun.

Thank you for posting in Community. I understand your concern and we will try to assist you in the best way we can.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information below:

Can you find the files now, if you go to windows.old?

I would suggest that you perform Power Drain and check you can find the files and folder that you have lost. To do so follow the steps below:

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system

If you can't find a file on your computer or you accidently modified or deleted a file, you can restore it from a backup (if you're using Windows backup) or you can try to restore it from a previous version. Previous versions are copies of files
    and folders that Windows automatically saves as part of a restore point. Previous versions are sometimes referred to as shadow copies.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!!

1. I lost my personal files and can't go back to previous version!!!! - Similar Threads - lost personal files

2. If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?: I havd exceeded the 10days to go back but i am getting the option to go back to previous windows what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-go-back-to-previous-windows-data-would-be/a56e1242-05a5-40ab-b1a4-63c7212d3e46
  3. If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I go back to previous windows data would be lost or not?: I havd exceeded the 10days to go back but i am getting the option to go back to previous windows what should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-go-back-to-previous-windows-data-would-be/a56e1242-05a5-40ab-b1a4-63c7212d3e46
  4. Go back to previous version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Go back to previous version of Windows 10: Hi if I use “go back to previous version of windows 10 does it go back to 1909 because 20h2 is so damn slow and if I did that will it delete my files on D: drive or just C: system drive...
  5. Can't go back to previous version of windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't go back to previous version of windows: I upgraded to 10 2 days ago so it can't be that. It says go back to previous version of Windows 10. Can I go back to 8.1 or will I have to clean intsall? submitted by /u/Lolbit723 [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't go back to previous version

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't go back to previous version: I just upgraded to 1909, I read that they fixed the problem with search in File Explorer - they didn't it still doesn't work, and now it says "Your pc was updated more than 10 days ago". I tried 1909 several months ago, did not like the fact that you can't search in File...
  7. go back to previous version

go back to previous version: hello! have a good day! i have an issue regarding windows 10, kindly need some assistance. currently i have upgraded windows 10 1803 to 1809 version. and i have also deleted windows.old folder from c drive. but i am facing some issues with 1809 version. is their any...
  8. Resting Windows will go back to previous version?

Resting Windows will go back to previous version?: I want to reset my PC. I am running Windows 10, but my PC came preinstalled with Windows 8.1. If I reset my PC, will it reset to Windows 8.1?...
  9. Why can't I go back to a previous version of Windows 10?

Why can't I go back to a previous version of Windows 10?: So, ever since installing the Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, I've had an issue with attempting to run Startisback along with the UXThemePatcher. More importantly, the Fall Creator Update made my wi-fi card (T-Link Archer T6E V1) unable to work correctly and I had no reason...
  10. going back to a previous version of windows

going back to a previous version of windows: I'm thinking of going back to a previous version of windows right before the creators update (i think its the same as 1703). I don't like all the changes it caused, mainly not being able to rearrange my files the way i want to, that's a must have for me. Since i have never...