Windows 10: I lost my power options (clean install) HELP!

Discus and support I lost my power options (clean install) HELP! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I updated from 8.1 to 10 and have lost all of my power options. The only one I have is "balanced". Is there any way I can enable "high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MurseJoseph, Jul 31, 2015.

1. I lost my power options (clean install) HELP!

Hi.

I updated from 8.1 to 10 and have lost all of my power options. The only one I have is "balanced". Is there any way I can enable "high performance"?

Your help is appreciated!

Joseph

:)

MurseJoseph, Jul 31, 2015

2. Options? I lost my install trying to get to Windows 10

This is an OEM of my own making, with a Gigibyte GA-Z77X SB and system board, 32GB RAM and three hard drive.

The OS is a legal copy and I installed it. But as the unit is not running, the question. "Is Windows 7 SP1 is activated currently on your computer (genuine)?" Is a bit goofy.
    But yes it is genuine.

MY unit passed the Windows 10 check and was continually hounded by the Update app to install it.

Telling me how to upgrade is useless. Did you even read what I wrote or are out a robot?

MIKE BACKACCESS, Jul 31, 2015
  3. Options? I lost my install trying to get to Windows 10

Hi Mike,

To assist you better with the issue you are facing, please provide few details.

• What is the complete specifications of your computer?
    • Have you purchased Windows 7 SP1 or it was preinstalled with the computer (OEM)?
    • Is Windows 7 SP1 is activated currently on your computer (genuine)?

I suggest you to refer to below article and check whether your computer meets the system requirement for Windows 10.

Windows 10 Specifications & System Requirements | Microsoft

If Windows 7 SP1 is activated on your computer then you may follow the below article Created by Andre Da Costa March 23, 2015 to install the Windows 10 through ISO and check if it helps.

How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

How to: Upgrade from Previous Versions of Windows Using Windows 10 ISO file

If Windows 7SP1 is not activated then you need to contact the computer manufacturer if the Windows 7 SP1 was preinstalled on your computer (to get the product key). If not then you need to purchase Windows 10 and then install it.

Regarding the issue with Office, I suggest you to post your query in Office forum and refer to the below link.

Office - Microsoft Community

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 31, 2015
Thema:

I lost my power options (clean install) HELP!

1. I lost my power options (clean install) HELP! - Similar Threads - lost power options

2. Considering a Clean Install, need options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Considering a Clean Install, need options: Split from this thread. Hello -What you posted here doesn't seem to have anything to do with Windows 10 Updates. I don't recognize most of what you describe. A Restart means restarting your PC powering off and right back on. Did you mean Reset which has a tutorial here: Reset...
  3. Considering a Clean Install, need options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Considering a Clean Install, need options: Split from this thread. Hello -What you posted here doesn't seem to have anything to do with Windows 10 Updates. I don't recognize most of what you describe. A Restart means restarting your PC powering off and right back on. Did you mean Reset which has a tutorial here: Reset...
  4. Brightness, power and sleep options are lost

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness, power and sleep options are lost: The screen brightness adjustment slider, as well as power and sleep options disappeared from the laptop. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks submitted by /u/tigerelmo [link] [comments]...
  5. Help with clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with clean install: Hi guys so I have just built my first PC with the following specs - i5 9600k @ 3.7Ghz MSI Z390-A Pro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard Crucial Ballistix 16GB RAM WD Blue 500Gb NVMe SSD Toshiba P300 3TB SSD GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8GB Silverstone Essential 750W 80+ Gold PSU First of...
  6. Clean install options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install options: Hi, first post here, seems like an amiable and knowledgeable bunch. Hi to all! On an ASUS 64-bit desktop, I'm running 8.1 (build 9600) 32-bit and want to move to W10 in 64-bit, because so many things now just don't work with 32-bit systems. I know an upgrade is not possible...
  7. Clean Install help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install help: I was following the clean install without external device procedures. I shrunk my c:/ , and created a new partition. Now I have 2 extra partitions I didnt create. And something had went wrong with diskpart because when I ran the for diskpart or chkdsk I get an error saying...
  8. After clean install, lost Pro license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After clean install, lost Pro license: I did a clean install on my Dell laptop and in the end it did not show Pro which I purchased through Windows 10 upgrade. I was charged from MS. Any ideas what to do ? Thanks 93847
  9. Lost Power Options (clean install) Please help!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Power Options (clean install) Please help!: Hi. I updated from 8.1 to 10 and have lost all of my power options. The only one I have is "balanced". Is there any way I can enable "high performance"? Your help is appreciated! Joseph 11137
  10. Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the sleep option in the power menu in Win10 9926!: Ay-yi-yi. I reinstall Win10 ver 9926 to fix one problem only to run into another. On my power settings, I only have a setting for turning off the display. The usual sleep option is simply not there! I did a powerconfig setting default in a admin cmd line but it did not fix...