Windows 10: I lost my updated Word file

Discus and support I lost my updated Word file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First of all, sorry for my English :) I need to record a voice track for a YouTube video where I have to read a text. The text I received wasn't very... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EnderScrooge, Jul 15, 2020.

1. I lost my updated Word file

First of all, sorry for my English I lost my updated Word file :)

I need to record a voice track for a YouTube video where I have to read a text. The text I received wasn't very good so I decided to modify it. I spent hours and hours reading, seeing what's wrong in each phrase and rewriting them.

I usually hybernate my computer so all my apps remained always open, but today I decided to restart my computer because there were some updates to do. Obviusly I didn't saved my Word document because I'm dumb I lost my updated Word file :)

I thought that fortunately Word always automatically saves the document when Windows shuts down, but this time I didn't find my last saved document. I did all what I had to do to find Word unsaved files, I tried everything I could, but Word says that the last unsaved document was automatically saved 6 days ago while I writed a lot just yesterday. I never had a situation like this, I searched on internet but all results say what I've already known, so my last hope is to ask for help here

Thanks I lost my updated Word file :)

submitted by /u/EnderScrooge
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EnderScrooge, Jul 15, 2020

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jul 15, 2020
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 15, 2020
  4. I lost my updated Word file

I am trying to email a word document to myself.

I would suggest you cancel everything open and start fresh using just these steps:

• Open your Mail app or website
    • Click the New button and write a new email message with your address in the To line
    • Click the Attachment paperclip button and select your Word file to attach
    • Click Send

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

I lost my updated Word file

1. I lost my updated Word file - Similar Threads - lost updated Word

2. I restored my computer and lost Microsoft word?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I restored my computer and lost Microsoft word?: Hello I restored my computer to factory reset and I lost Microsoft office which was on my computer how can I reinstall it if I can ? Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-restored-my-computer-and-lost-microsoft-word/e142c684-52bf-4811-beb8-d59f16cb9e6f
  3. I restored my computer and lost Microsoft word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I restored my computer and lost Microsoft word?: Hello I restored my computer to factory reset and I lost Microsoft office which was on my computer how can I reinstall it if I can ? Help ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-restored-my-computer-and-lost-microsoft-word/e142c684-52bf-4811-beb8-d59f16cb9e6f
  4. I restored my computer and lost Microsoft word?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I lost my files

I lost my files: Please help me; I called the support service, they installed windows 10 but then I lost all my information and documents; this is causing a disaster in my work computer. Please HELP me....
  6. Word and excel files and pictures lost after automatic windows update

Word and excel files and pictures lost after automatic windows update: After windows 10 automatic update my word and excel files and pictures are gone. I had it fixed at Staples got home and turned on computer and files missing again. Can't get through to a live Microsoft person....
  7. I lost my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost my files: All my files disappeared after Windows 10 update. Is it possible to save my information? It is really important for me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-files/4ff03bcc-e952-4598-9344-2244d0cbb4a3
  8. Recovering files from Word on lost device

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recovering files from Word on lost device: Among other items, my Windows computer was stolen in a home burglary. Is there any way I can retrieve the documents from that computer, particularly in Word. They are not in the cloud or onedrive. I got the MS office as a student, if that helps...
  9. Lost Word file in desktop after update

Lost Word file in desktop after update: So I have spent 8 hours working on my dissertation project today, saving it as I go to the desktop. Went to shut down my computer and Windows did an automatic update and now my two files that I had been working on all day have completely vanished from the computer, I cant...
  10. Lost my latest word file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my latest word file: I worked on a word file and it's very very important file. I don't really know what happened, when i opened the recent folder i found an old word file which was edited 5 day before !! How can i retrieve the most edited file? which was evening July 12. I am using MacBook Pro...