Windows 10: I lost sound on my laptop speakers

Discus and support I lost sound on my laptop speakers in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by L_fa -, Dec 3, 2022.

1. L_fa - Win User

I lost sound on my laptop speakers

On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI and I didn't tried sound at all second screen hasn't sound. Last time sound worked well was on zoom with laptop alone in June.I reinstalled audio driver and updated it. Nothing.I uninstalled Zoom.Nothing.Any idea.

:)

L_fa -, Dec 3, 2022

2. No sound from laptop when speakers are disconnected

I have an elderly (7 years old) Dell Inspiron 17 R that I keep as a fallback laptop. I have Win 10 Pro, fully up-to date.

I recently lost sound, when no external speakers are connected. (For info related to speakers, see further down this post.)

The following are my troubleshooting steps.

------------------------------

Windows Audio is running.

External speakers are disconnected.

In Device Manager > Sound

Disable, then re-enable:

- IDT High Definition Audio
    - Intel Display Audio

That did not resolve the issue.
    ------------------------------------
    Download and run: Intel Driver and Support Assistant.

-------------------------------------

Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab

Select "Speakers/Headphones"

Click Configure

Click Test

Both speakers pass

-----------------------------------------

Sound is OK from both speakers when they are connected. But on this specific laptop, I really have no interest in any sound coming from the external speakers (or headphones). I simply want the sound from the laptop itself.

How can I restore my sound?

Footnote: I have no Realtek driver. Is that unusual? I can't remember whether the old laptop actually had a Realtek.

Thanks.

OldGrantonian, Dec 3, 2022
  3. Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Dec 3, 2022
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue I lost sound on my laptop speakers :p

cadaveca, Dec 3, 2022
Thema:

1. I lost sound on my laptop speakers - Similar Threads - lost sound laptop

2. Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Buzzing Sound Laptop Speaker: Hi, I have this very low buzzing sound coming from my laptop speaker. I tried many things, and they work at certain point. Microphone Properties-listen to this device box on. this is the only way it stops making this buzzing sound. But if I mute my speaker it starts again....
  3. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  4. I lost sound on my laptop speakers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I lost sound on my laptop speakers: On November, after all Windows updates Win 10 with 22H2-build 19045-2251 and little work on my laptop Emails and Ms Office I lost sound on speakers but still works in my headphones.Lenovo B50 /Realtek audio manager,6.0.1.8228.Last time Sept -Oct I used second screen on HDMI...
  5. I have lost all sound on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost all sound on my laptop: I've lost all the sound on my laptop * Moved from Virus & Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-all-sound-on-my-laptop/372ab1e6-8cf3-4b45-ba1d-24c21e896379
  6. I have lost all sound on my laptop

I have lost all sound on my laptop: I've lost all the sound on my laptop * Moved from Virus & Malware https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-all-sound-on-my-laptop/372ab1e6-8cf3-4b45-ba1d-24c21e896379
  7. I have lost all sound on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have lost all sound on my laptop: I've lost all the sound on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-lost-all-sound-on-my-laptop/372ab1e6-8cf3-4b45-ba1d-24c21e896379
  8. Lost Sound on Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Sound on Laptop: I have lost sound on my Dell laptop. It indicates no audio devices detected. I made no changes since last shutdown. Restart does not help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-sound-on-laptop/d41b5961-be8c-4c27-9e5e-c510c737cd33
  9. I have lost sound on my laptop

I have lost sound on my laptop: Unable to get sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-lost-sound-on-my-laptop/cb44026b-2449-493e-a80f-8332886895ae
  10. hp laptop i lost my speakers and or headset

hp laptop i lost my speakers and or headset: hp laptop i lost my speakers and or headset no volume shows on but none i put in asus webstorage a mistake uninstaleed they didnt come back any help please for the fix. ive tried everything i know with no luck...