Windows 10: I lost stuff after a reboot

Discus and support I lost stuff after a reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1grits, Aug 4, 2015.

1. 1grits Win User

I lost stuff after a reboot

Hi,

I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set up. I don't have a background anymore and I lost some of my gadgets and the ones I lost won't go back into the side bar anymore.....please help! Thanks!!*Confused

:)

1grits, Aug 4, 2015

2. lost all the important stuff on phone

I had recently rebooted my phone hence lost all the contacts, pictures and all important thing I had stored on the phone.Is there any way I can get my lost stuff back.Kindly help.

AnkitaGulati, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Lumia 520 hangs on regular basis and needs battery removed

just as a feedback on lumia 520 guys.

The phone has been rebooting itself, reseting time to the manuafacture date. Lost contacts, lost random photos.

We gave it back for repair, came back after a week with note 'mechanical component replaced'. few days later the phone reboots itself again, looses random photos taken and does randomly some crazy stuff.

I had a chat with a guy who works in a warranty repair centre who just smiled and said it's normal in this model, so seems really like 520 is a piece of rubbish.

my advice is - if you ever consider 520, just add few quid and go for the 820

mrzreba---01, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

I lost stuff after a reboot

1. I lost stuff after a reboot - Similar Threads - lost stuff reboot

2. Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstalled audio stuff after windows update: After the recent winsows update i am unable to head any sound. I noticed that my audio driver was uninstalled, so i reinstalled it and it still doesnt work. My heaphones arent detected and i want some ideas before i rollback the update. Im using an msi ge62vr apache pro...
  3. I LOST ALL MY STUFF AND DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET BACK :*(

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I LOST ALL MY STUFF AND DON"T KNOW HOW TO GET BACK :*(: So I've recently had a problem installing windows on my ssd. It all started out with a corrupted update with my computer. Spent many hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my computer. It ended up going to a bootloop that I couldn't fix. I tried, nothing worked. So I...
  4. i Downlaoded the BOIS and Driver stuff and im lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i Downlaoded the BOIS and Driver stuff and im lost: I download the the bois stuff and driver updates on the manufacturers stuff but then it brings up files I don't understand on winzip. I have only been able to download intel. every other one I try to download it gives me a whole bunch of folders and when I click on it theres...
  5. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...
  6. Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.: When I first updated to Windows 10 there was an option to click on "my stuff" when using the search window. This has now disappeared and I really would like it back. Can anyone help please? Thanks 60756
  7. Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Language Settings Lost After Reboot: On one of our PCs where we upgraded to Windows 10, the handwriting recognition on the on=screen keyboard was not enabled. After some searching we found how to enable this and it worked. The steps followed were: The steps below show how to resolve this. 1: Right click...
  8. Stuff doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuff doesn't work after update: Windows 10 just did an update on my PC Now stuff doesn't work Can't see street level view on Google Earth. Can't play Microsoft online daily challenges. I rely on Google Earth for fishing trips. It is essential. If it is not restored I will have to abandon 10. God only knows...
  9. Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost stuff to virus, nowfonts/icons super tiny!!!: Lost most of computer by virus, now “Desktop” is empty... Hello, content of my Desktop is gone by a virus, together with other files and programs. But now I need it to get to "Display" so I can enlarge my extremely tiny text and icons that even with a magnifying glass I...
  10. Projection settings are lost upon reboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Projection settings are lost upon reboot: I have my laptop hooked up to an external display via HDMI. The projection settings made using Winkey + P gets reset to "Duplicate" every time I reboot, and I have to go in and manually change it back to "Second screen only". Is there still a way to set this permanently?...