Windows 10: I lost stuff after a reboot

Discus and support I lost stuff after a reboot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 1grits, Aug 4, 2015.

1. 1grits Win User

I lost stuff after a reboot

Hi,

I downloaded Win 10 and set everything up, then made sure my virus protection (Norton) was updated. I then rebooted and lost everything I set up. I don't have a background anymore and I lost some of my gadgets and the ones I lost won't go back into the side bar anymore.....please help! Thanks!!*Confused

:)

1grits, Aug 4, 2015

2. lost all the important stuff on phone

I had recently rebooted my phone hence lost all the contacts, pictures and all important thing I had stored on the phone.Is there any way I can get my lost stuff back.Kindly help.

AnkitaGulati, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Lumia 520 hangs on regular basis and needs battery removed

just as a feedback on lumia 520 guys.

The phone has been rebooting itself, reseting time to the manuafacture date. Lost contacts, lost random photos.

We gave it back for repair, came back after a week with note 'mechanical component replaced'. few days later the phone reboots itself again, looses random photos taken and does randomly some crazy stuff.

I had a chat with a guy who works in a warranty repair centre who just smiled and said it's normal in this model, so seems really like 520 is a piece of rubbish.

my advice is - if you ever consider 520, just add few quid and go for the 820

mrzreba---01, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

I lost stuff after a reboot

1. I lost stuff after a reboot - Similar Threads - lost stuff reboot

2. Lost notebook on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost notebook on reboot: Power outage - several notebook pages waiting to review and print lost ? Do the go to the cloud to be retrieved ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notebook-on-reboot/9df991dc-bdec-40a5-b50f-32183000da40
  3. Lost notebook on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost notebook on reboot: Power outage - several notebook pages waiting to review and print lost ? Do the go to the cloud to be retrieved ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-notebook-on-reboot/9df991dc-bdec-40a5-b50f-32183000da40
  4. Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Projection Settings are "lost" after reboot: Hello, I am experiencing a strange problem after updating the drivers and BIOS on my laptop: my prefered setting is "second screen only" . after a reboot I get "duplicate" (de facto) however "second screen only stays selectedin blue. to fix this I need to move the selection...
  5. USB-connection is lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-connection is lost after reboot: I have a User interface running on a PC. The display is an LCD-panel with a touch-USB the touchscreen. Now this particular installation has no room for the PC close to the touchscreen, so we are using a HDMI-KVM extender KVM = Keyboard/Video/Mouse where the input and video...
  6. IP Settings Lost after reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    IP Settings Lost after reboot: Dear all, I have a network problem on a PC with Win 10. I use a static IP but after the reboot the settings change to DHCP. I found that the cause is the service named 'DHCP Client', in fact the IP settings aren't lost if this service is disabled. On the other PCs the...
  7. Settings lost after update/reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Settings lost after update/reboot: Several times my settings for various programs have disappeared after rebooting. This has mostly happened after a windows update. It's as though I were setting up a new computer time and again. With Microsoft forcing updates all the time, it is driving me crazy. How can I...
  8. i Downlaoded the BOIS and Driver stuff and im lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i Downlaoded the BOIS and Driver stuff and im lost: I download the the bois stuff and driver updates on the manufacturers stuff but then it brings up files I don't understand on winzip. I have only been able to download intel. every other one I try to download it gives me a whole bunch of folders and when I click on it theres...
  9. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Driver lost after each reboot.: Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming...
  10. Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost "my stuff" option in the search window.: When I first updated to Windows 10 there was an option to click on "my stuff" when using the search window. This has now disappeared and I really would like it back. Can anyone help please? Thanks 60756