Windows 10: I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab...

Discus and support I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab colors in Excel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GaryKenney1, May 13, 2020.

1. I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab...

I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab colors in Excel.

:)

GaryKenney1, May 13, 2020

2. How to change Desktop selection box color

Try the following steps, and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys.

• Type in regedit into the text box and press Enter.

• Follow the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors.

• On the right pane, look for the value of HotTrackingColor.
    Select a color and copy your color numbers

RGB Color Codes Chart

It is given in three values representing the ratios of red, green and blue that range from 0 to 255.

• Enter values that mix to the color you want to have.

• Repeat the above step for the value of Hilight.

• Restart the computer.

Helder Carvalho Quaresma, May 13, 2020
  3. moskal91 Win User
    NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, May 13, 2020
  4. I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab...

Start menu colors keep changing to much darker shade.

Can you please give an update on this issue soon? The problem still exists even after performing all the steps.

Paritoshbelekar, May 13, 2020
Thema:

I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab...

1. I lost the ability to add color to numbers and letters, shading cells and selecting tab... - Similar Threads - lost ability add

2. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  3. Number problem in Excel cell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Number problem in Excel cell: When, I enter a number in one cell,then I enter into another cell.On that time the first cell number become into decimal.example likeex.in Frist cell I enter 25 then I changed cell second one,but the first one became 0.25 like this ,what can I do now ,i think any settings...
  4. Lost ability to print shaded highlighted area in word and excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to print shaded highlighted area in word and excel: When highlighting a section in word or a group of numbers in excel - highlighting itself does not allow for priniting or summation for example. Have to right click at the end of the action to be able to print shaded area. Is there a fix ?...
  5. Lost ability to print shaded highlighted area in word and excel

Lost ability to print shaded highlighted area in word and excel: When highlighting a section in word or a group of numbers in excel - highlighting itself does not allow for priniting or summation for example. Have to right click at the end of the action to be able to print shaded area. Is there a fix ?...
  6. I cannot add my Romanian cell phone number into the Microsoft account live.com

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot add my Romanian cell phone number into the Microsoft account live.com: Hi All,I tried many times to add my cell phone number. However, I have never received a SMS with the code. I am located in Romania.Please let me know if you have a solution.Thank you,Paul *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  7. I cannot add my Romanian cell phone number into the Microsoft account live.com

I cannot add my Romanian cell phone number into the Microsoft account live.com: Hi All,I tried many times to add my cell phone number. However, I have never received a SMS with the code. I am located in Romania.Please let me know if you have a solution.Thank you,Paul *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. no colors, only shades of gray, How do I get color back

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    no colors, only shades of gray, How do I get color back: no colors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-colors-only-shades-of-gray-how-do-i-get-color/f0d451f7-cbdd-496e-aeb2-d02441053445
  9. Unable to see contrast color shades

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to see contrast color shades: Hi there, To understand, the problem, please check the photos with similar file names like Case H and Case HH, Case A and Case B, Case I and Case II in which you will be able to see the difference of what kind of shades of colour is being recorded but not visible to me. I'm...
  10. Display/graphics not displaying certain shades of colors's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display/graphics not displaying certain shades of colors's: Because it is a display problem a screenshot wont tell you anything this is the best image, Im gonna repost this because no one knows what I'm dealing with because I kept putting screenshots in the previous post and people thought I was dumb and wanted to change the...