Windows 10: I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot

Discus and support I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; @essenbe: I finally got the opportunity to perform a clean install!!! I recently used EasyBCD 2.3 to change the order in which I prioritize which OS I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, May 16, 2018.

1. Nisko Win User

I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot

@essenbe: I finally got the opportunity to perform a clean install!!! I recently used EasyBCD 2.3 to change the order in which I prioritize which OS I want to default to in a dual-boot setup. The screen used to be a light blue with large rectangles (typical Windows 10) which showed the different drives I could boot from (if I chose to). Now that I used EasyBCD, the screen went back to the old black one with white lettering (like in Windows 7). Is there any way I can get the blue screen back again? Thank you.

:)

Nisko, May 16, 2018
  2. NOTABass Win User

Blue Ray drive not showing in Windows 10

I can't do that because the Blue Ray D: drive is not there only the DVD E: drive which is working fine. I should have two drives listed under the device manager but only have one that is showing.

NOTABass, May 17, 2018
  3. Blue Screen: "VIDEO_SCHEDULAR_INTERNAL_ERROR"

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

External devices are the devices which are connected to your computer externally except keyboard and mouse such as Pen drives, speakers or USB cables.

I would like to know that what the result is after performing clean boot are you still getting Blue Screen error.

If you are still facing the blue screen error then perform the steps mentioned below.

You might have to boot from the installation media and run a Startup repair. Follow the instructions on Windows 10 Software Download page to create media:
    Windows 10 herunterladen

After creating the media, boot the computer from the medium and then try the following method to perform a Startup Repair in Windows 10.

• Contact the computer manufacturer to know on how to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 8.1 installation disk.

• In the “Windows Setup” dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.

• Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.

• From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.

• Click “Advanced Options” in the
      “Troubleshoot”
      screen.

• In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Startup Repair”.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Startup Repair.

Check if you are able to successfully boot the system.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, May 17, 2018
Thema:

I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot

1. I lost the startup blue screen which shows which drive I want to boot - Similar Threads - lost startup blue

2. How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen: So on my PC there are two accounts. Local accounts, not Microsoft accounts, if that makes any difference. Mine with a password with admin rights and my wife's which is a guest account with no password.What I want is to be able to remove my password but at the startup screen...
  3. How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen: So on my PC there are two accounts. Local accounts, not Microsoft accounts, if that makes any difference. Mine with a password with admin rights and my wife's which is a guest account with no password.What I want is to be able to remove my password but at the startup screen...
  4. How can I choose which account I want to log on at the startup screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cant choose which drive I want to install an app on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant choose which drive I want to install an app on: Why cant i choose on which drive I want some apps to be installed on? It just installs and doesent ask me where I want to install it. For example Spotify. submitted by /u/Cultural_Attitude447 [link] [comments]...
  6. I can't find which drive is which

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't find which drive is which: So I have installed a new 1 tb NVMe hard drive onto my computer. After I installed it I cloned the information from my 1 tb samsung ssd over to my my NVMe. Before I erased all the information on my SSD I wanted to make sure everything was fine with the nvme. So I disabled...
  7. When I Boot my PC it goes to a blue screen, which has a “:(“.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When I Boot my PC it goes to a blue screen, which has a “:(“.: It boots up as normal until it goes to starting Windows then it crashes. It’ll ask me if I want to restart, which doesn’t work, or advanced options. I have tried everything in the advanced options and it doesn’t work. I have a acer aspire X1935, so it has a “Acer eRecovery...
  8. I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in: Hi, everyone... I'm trying to find a registry hack or something to address the change Microsoft made going from Windows 8.x to Windows 10. Here is a quick run-down of what Microsoft changed: My wife and I have 4 children. One of our PCs is used by all of the...
  9. Which Drive is Which?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which Drive is Which?: I am trying to test a drive with seatools - and anything else available, such as inbuilt disk checking - but I can't figure out which drive is which. I can right click in explorer and select properties only to get a list of all drives on the system - and always in the same...
  10. On startup I have to choose which OS I want.

in Windows 10 Support
    On startup I have to choose which OS I want.: On my laptop my OS is Windows 10 and only Windows 10. When I first bought the laptop it has Windows 7 installed. I then did a clean install of Windows 8 when it came out. This past July I did a clean install of Windows 10. A few weeks ago I kept getting the blue screen of...