Windows 10: I lost very important files

Discus and support I lost very important files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rosen Bashov, Jun 7, 2023.

1. I lost very important files

Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed to get hold of my account after 3 days and could retrieve it after a week later. When I got my account back I decided to reinstall windows and save everything important. After everything was done I installed my things back and everything was fine. But later on I noticed that I haven't saved a very very important folder to me. I downloaded all kinds of software, even paid for one. I searched the net, yet nothing!I want to mention that I do not hav

:)

Rosen Bashov, Jun 7, 2023
  2. Ruz San Win User

Lost a REALLY IMPORTANT folder

Hi Tanya,

We'd like to know a few things to understand this better and help you recover the missing folder. Please answer these questions:

• Did you lose it after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How long has it been since you installed Windows 10 on the computer?
    Windows 10 does not apply changes or remove personal files without your permission. We suggest you restore the previous version of the folder or drive that used to contain the files you are looking for. Refer to this

page
    for the steps.

Let us know if you need more help.

Regards.

Ruz San, Jun 7, 2023
  3. Files are lost after importing the photos from SD Card to PC on Windwos 10.

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

You can search using Cortana or Windows Explorer and check if the lost files are located on any of the system drives.

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old
      in the search box.
    • Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.
    • Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
    • Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.
    • Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.
    • Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

If the files are not found, click some pictures from the DSLR camera, perform import pictures and check if the files taken from the camera can be imported to the PC as you have mentioned the pictures taken from the mobile phone are getting imported.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 7, 2023
  4. I lost very important files

IE favourites names too long to import - need to edit html

Hi Ford,

I appreciate you for providing the details of the issue.

I suggest you to perform below steps, if you are comfortable in editing html file.

Follow the steps below.

• Right Click on Favorites file and Click on Open with Notepad.
    • Edit and shorten Favorite name after the Url link.
    • Click on Save.
    To import file try the below step.

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on the Star > "Add to Favorites" drop-down > "Import and Export"

• Mark a box "Import from a file".

• Click the Next button.

• Mark a box "Favorites".

• On the next screen, using a Browse button find a file "bookmarks.html", highlight it, and click OPEN.

• Click on "Next" button.

• Click on "Import" button.

• Click on "Finish" button.
    Disclaimer: Make sure to backup Favorites file.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jun 7, 2023
Thema:

I lost very important files

1. I lost very important files - Similar Threads - lost very important

2. I lost very important files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost very important files: Hello there!I need help regarding a issue. My Microsoft account was hacked and access to everything in my PC was granted to whoever it was. I managed to get hold of my account after 3 days and could retrieve it after a week later. When I got my account back I decided to...
  3. Please help!!!! Very Important to me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Please help!!!! Very Important to me: Hi there,As a normal person, I use Windows Defender for scanning and removing virus, worms, spyware,... And some thing very bad happened to me when I was scanning for viruses. I start scanning on this morning, after scanning done, remove some trojan and then somehow, It...
  4. Job RegardingVery Very Important

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Job RegardingVery Very Important: Dear sir, with due respect i am beg to state that, I am a scientist who invented many new logicsImmortality - 5ways one of them. i am applied 2 months ago with my cv.still i didnt receive any feedback. why this happening with me. I didn't need a lot payment now....
  5. Lost important files (Folder Locker)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost important files (Folder Locker): I just moved my folder locker batch file into an alternate folder. Now that it's been moved from its original location I can no longer gain access. Clicking on the folder locker no longer displays the first prompt aka "unlock y/n" instead "enter password" is displayed...
  6. Very Important

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very Important: In my notes I forgot I created a different file but I saved the one I deleted. I saved this one to replace the old one by accident and I need help on how to get the deleted on back please and thank you...
  7. Important file lost in update, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important file lost in update, how do I get it back?: My laptop updated, and put me into a new desktop yesterday. I decided to look for my important folder with passwords and my music in it, and put it onto that desktop. Then today, I restarted my laptop. I logged in, it said Preparing Windows, and put me into yet another new...
  8. VERY IMPORTANT

in Windows 10 Customization
    VERY IMPORTANT: Who is ever to be wrong to take over the things are either hidden in Microsoft in Edge or MSN or in the outlook.com between the areas of the way the outerfit counterfit of the website looks are never the parts are in perfect for the auto-pilot being never to taken for granted...
  9. very import lost emails please advise or help thanks!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    very import lost emails please advise or help thanks!: I am usually pretty computer savee for a number of decades now .. but have run into a situation where I am here to ask for help.. I do have windows 10 and I also have windows xp pro both on a Hardrive C: it is a dual boot hardrive . .when I boot up I have option of picking...
  10. Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade.

in Windows 10 Support
    Imported Video Files Are Very Jerky After Upgrade.: I did a complete reformat and upgrade of my daughters HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC over the last couple of days. Prior to this I saved backups of her photos, personal videos and her important files onto my own desktop PC. As her laptop was too messed up prior to...