Windows 10: I lost widows. I reload it I lose it again

Discus and support I lost widows. I reload it I lose it again in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is the 4 or 5 time I have loaded Windows. I have Formated the disk to the best of my knowledge. then reload windows. I am in the middle of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hank Pawl, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Hank Pawl Win User

I lost widows. I reload it I lose it again

This is the 4 or 5 time I have loaded Windows. I have Formated the disk to the best of my knowledge. then reload windows. I am in the middle of reconfiguring and all of a sudden the screen goes black and when it comes back on it is in a higher resolution than I was in and I can no longer open anything but the calendar, windows button, and this pc. Everything else goes to the taskbar small window opens up and it will not maximize. The taskbar shrinks down to where only the magnifying glass is showing. It seems like it happens when I try to open the monitor settings. At first, it was a nightm

:)

Hank Pawl, Aug 13, 2022
  2. DonGirvin Win User

LOST WINDOWS 10 START MENU

After trying all suggested fixes, I finally was forced to use Windows Recovery under Settings to reload the full system. I lost all non-Microsoft applications but recovered the start menu. Though this was a painful, no other suggestions worked.

Windows created an HTML file listing all programs that was deleted and that was very helpful for reinstalling mt lost programs.

Thanks to everyone for their effort, perhaps Microsoft will discover the root cause of so many who are losing the Start menu and can prevent it in the future.

DonGirvin, Aug 13, 2022
  3. Torrent list reload

Hello,

I lost all my torrent download list on the Bittorrent torrent client because i had to format Windows. Is it a way to reload
    the download list (batch) or store it so i can recover it before Windows become faulty?

georgioumarios, Aug 13, 2022
  4. I lost widows. I reload it I lose it again

RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link Windows Update: FAQ

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

I lost widows. I reload it I lose it again

1. I lost widows. I reload it I lose it again - Similar Threads - lost widows reload

2. file lost in widows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file lost in widows 10: I lost a file in my laptop and I could not find in recycle bin too. It was a file with heaps of information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-lost-in-widows-10/0b9ec7a2-ae0e-4032-b534-6641a7248301
  3. file lost in widows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file lost in widows 10: I lost a file in my laptop and I could not find in recycle bin too. It was a file with heaps of information https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-lost-in-widows-10/0b9ec7a2-ae0e-4032-b534-6641a7248301
  4. Will I lose everything?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Will I lose everything?: Hi I’m making the message on my old email that I don’t have the password too and therefore can’t go onto my email, my Microsoft has the password saved but it’s not the same as my email. I made the new alternate email to my current email and now my main question is will I be...
  5. Will I lose everything?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will I lose everything?: Hi I’m making the message on my old email that I don’t have the password too and therefore can’t go onto my email, my Microsoft has the password saved but it’s not the same as my email. I made the new alternate email to my current email and now my main question is will I be...
  6. Will I lose everything?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows crashed. I cannot reload it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashed. I cannot reload it.: Trying to reinstall windows after a complete crash. I was getting an unmountable boot volume error. Tried to reinstall and I get an error saying cannot install to partition. disk may fail soon. I’ve tried to format the partition, I’ve tried to delete it. I’m getting error...
  8. Windows crashed. I cannot reload it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashed. I cannot reload it.: Trying to reinstall windows after a complete crash. I was getting an unmountable boot volume error. Tried to reinstall and I get an error saying cannot install to partition. disk may fail soon. I’ve tried to format the partition, I’ve tried to delete it. I’m getting error...
  9. after reloading windows 10, I lost the taskbar, how do I get it back? Thanks

in Windows 10 Customization
    after reloading windows 10, I lost the taskbar, how do I get it back? Thanks: Windows10 locked up. I recycled power. When windows10 booted up, My display screen resolution became bigger then the screen. So I reloaded window10 hoping it will reset my screen problem. Now I completely lost my taskbar....
  10. Will I lose support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Will I lose support: I have a DELL Inspiron 15-3576 laptop, new (from Currys PC World) on 19th Nov. 2018, with Windows 10 Home (64-bit) OS installed. It has a Core i5-8250U CPU and a 256GB SK Hynix SC311 SATA SSD. As at 28th Feb. 2019 the OS is still version 1803 although Windows Updates (WUs)...