Windows 10: I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c

Discus and support I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro(commercial) then files of win 7 were in a folder created in local disk c named Windows.old now i'm unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lelouch lamperouge3, May 4, 2019.

1. I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c

I upgraded from win 7 to win 10 pro(commercial)

then files of win 7 were in a folder created in local disk c named Windows.old

now i'm unable to find the folder, also I'm not able to recover it normally/with data recovery softwares

(I downloaded dozens of 'em)

please help me in finding the folder n to restore it

:)

lelouch lamperouge3, May 4, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, May 4, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    Is Windows (CI LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c :) the same as Local Disk (CI LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c :)?

Yes Windows C: is the same as Local Disk C:

When you open file explorer and click on the C drive you will see a Windows folder.

That is the folder that contains your Windows files and is normally installed on the C drive.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

SarahKong, May 4, 2019
  4. I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c

Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, May 4, 2019
Thema:

I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c

1. I LOST Windows.old folder from local disk c - Similar Threads - LOST old folder

2. Lost my Folder which was kept at Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost my Folder which was kept at Local Disk C: I have stored my folder in Local Disk C for some reason and suddenly after windows update that can in december'21 I realized that the folder was not there!.10 days went by and so I cant not revert back the windows updates,I'm not able to find my IMPORTANT folder now .please...
  3. Lost my Folder which was kept at Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my Folder which was kept at Local Disk C: I have stored my folder in Local Disk C for some reason and suddenly after windows update that can in december'21 I realized that the folder was not there!.10 days went by and so I cant not revert back the windows updates,I'm not able to find my IMPORTANT folder now .please...
  4. Lost my Folder which was kept at Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  6. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Local Disk C: So I downloaded Yuzu yesterday and was trying to play a game. It ended up not working so I went to delete the application. It turns out I accidently used 100 gigabytes. It was because I kept downloading the same game 9 times onto the Yuzu emulator. I deleted Yuzu and the...
  7. Local Disk C

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Local Disk C: I could not extend my Local Disk C https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/local-disk-c/3fdefca0-8100-44ef-824d-0564cef61e92
  8. Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I delete ProgramData folder at Local Disk C?: [ATTACH] After I just updated my computer, I saw a bunch of new files including "ProgramData" folder, it contains 3.26 Gigabytes size but it doesn't consume my storage. If I delete this folder, will it crash or disable some of my apps or data? Will it increase my storage...
  9. local disk C

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    local disk C: Hi, After reinstalled Windows 10 in the desktop, the Local Disk C: goes to the SSD 32GB. It is full as only 29 GB. At the same time, there is a Windows F: appears in the HHD 2TB with 1.8TB volume, mainly empty files. Due to no volume in the Local Disk C, I cannot...
  10. Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is it safe to transfer fies from local disk C to local disk D?: I wanted to transfer files from local disk C to local disk D to free up space on my local disk C. So is it safe to send files from one drive to another and will my PC work properly if I do this?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old windows files in localdisk