Windows 10: I made a big mistake...

Discus and support I made a big mistake... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A call from Wavene Infotech showed me 1,159 errors/attempted hacks and other "serious" breaches on my laptop / Window's 10. Sounding like a scam I hung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RichardLandrum, Mar 6, 2019.

1. I made a big mistake...

A call from Wavene Infotech showed me 1,159 errors/attempted hacks and other "serious" breaches on my laptop / Window's 10. Sounding like a scam I hung up....he kept calling back. I eventually allowed him to show me a log illustrating all the incursions. Long story short I allowed him to repair the problem AFTER HE THREATENED TO SHUT MY COMPUTER DOWN. The lifetime fix of $199.00...this is a business computer and I was afraid he could actually shut me down. All is working well now...I just feeling "suckered"!!

I had just upgraded Windows 10...so now I'm not sure if that wasn't a hack also?

:)

RichardLandrum, Mar 6, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Big mistake

Click the up down arrow on the tab:

I made a big mistake... [​IMG]

That's the thumbnail view

Cliff S, Mar 6, 2019
  3. Rickles1 Win User
    Upgraded to Windows 10. UUHHH Maybe a big mistake!!

Upgraded to Windows 10. Maybe a BIG mistake!!! Windows update will download updates but will not install them!!! Lost all icons and references to Edge browser!! Other problems surfacing!! Whats gonna be next!! Any suggestions??

Rickles1, Mar 6, 2019
  4. I made a big mistake...

Upgraded to 10. BIG MISTAKE

I agree, BIG MISTAKE upgrading to W10!!!! I have spent numerous hours, removing and installing and removing and installing my printer with NO success! I have an HP Officejet Pro 8620 printer and it kept going offline so unable to print from my computer
    unless I shut everything down and print immediately and then it goes off line again. Went on the web and supposedly there are steps to resolve, I tried and it didn't help - there is definitely a problem with printing on W10. Some sites talk about repairing
    but they want to charge you - I don't want to pay to have this fixed when it is a W10 issue. Anyone else out there find a resolution to the printing problem associated with W10?

marymont60, Mar 6, 2019
Thema:

I made a big mistake...

1. I made a big mistake... - Similar Threads - made big mistake

2. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  3. i made a big mistake

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i made a big mistake: So, i installed windows 8 and thanks to windows 8 I am now stuck on the ethernet thing, and I don't think that windows 8 supports wireless when I click on connection it keeps on saying that no internet detected even though i have a Wi-Fi router in my mom's room Microsoft,...
  4. Made a mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  5. Made a mistake

Made a mistake: Dear Microsoft Support, I accidentally purchased an item in my app;" It is for Adobe that I was charged $ 107.99 today. I have not used it at all today. I am hoping to be able to ask for a refund. I did not know I had done so until I saw it pending at my Bank. When I saw it I...
  6. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  7. I made a real mistake

I made a real mistake: My computer is a, Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10 I made a real mistake I decided to try windows 11 I wanted to do a dual boot but when I got done. I realized I screwed up and I went to windows 11 I don't really like it. With Windows 10 when you right click: copy paste new...
  8. I made a real mistake

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Big mistake

in Windows 10 Customization
    Big mistake: I went into Personalise to change some settings and have as you can see picked something from Browse that has left me with a large grey bar at the top of the screen . Could someone please how I can get back to a normal screen? 119624
  10. A big mistake help

in Windows 10 Support
    A big mistake help: I made a big mistake. my Dell crashed and my girlfriend used the warranty to have Dell fix it. In doing so they wiped my enter drive and all its partitions. Is there anyway I can get them back with forensic software or something? By the way I made a Mac... boot disk. If I...