Windows 10: I made a clean install but still can´t wake up computer from keyboard

Discus and support I made a clean install but still can´t wake up computer from keyboard in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; And power management is missing. Also when I open device manager and go to properties there is still now power option, dont remember the name for it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by midihooker, May 30, 2021.

1. I made a clean install but still can´t wake up computer from keyboard

And power management is missing. Also when I open device manager and go to properties there is still now power option, dont remember the name for it. This started a couple of months ago. Besides that this laptop runs really smooth But like to be able to wake up the computer from the keyboard because Im afraid the powerbutton will be wraned out. thank you

:)

midihooker, May 30, 2021

2. waking up my computer

Hi Virginia,

For us to properly isolate the issue in waking up your computer, we would like to know the following:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Aside from a hard shut down, to make sure that we have not missed on anything, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you check if the wake on keyboard option is enabled. To check this, open
    Device Manager > Keyboards > HID Keyboard Device >
    Power Management, and then disable the Allow this device to wake the computer feature (standard value).

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, May 30, 2021
  3. coffent Win User
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, May 30, 2021
  4. Recon-UK Win User

I made a clean install but still can´t wake up computer from keyboard

Cleaning a keyboard and keyboard advice?

Thanks guys for cleaning advice.

Any keyboard suggestions? i will clean this out then and put in storage as a spare.

Recon-UK, May 30, 2021
Thema:

I made a clean install but still can´t wake up computer from keyboard

1. I made a clean install but still can´t wake up computer from keyboard - Similar Threads - made clean install

2. hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no...: hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no longer use wireless wifi ive try every guide i could find an nothing has work can someone places help me outSystem model: OMEN by HP 25l gaming desktop GT15-0xxx...
  3. hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no...: hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no longer use wireless wifi ive try every guide i could find an nothing has work can someone places help me outSystem model: OMEN by HP 25l gaming desktop GT15-0xxx...
  4. hello i made a clean installation of windows 10 but after setting everything up i can no...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can`t install new windows 10 updates then decides to remove and clean up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can`t install new windows 10 updates then decides to remove and clean up: Several times now my computer has had updates to install , 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5006670. Every time ie about 6 or 7 times now it tries to update and then says can`t complete install, then has to remove and clean what...
  6. Can`t install new windows 10 updates then decides to remove and clean up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can`t install new windows 10 updates then decides to remove and clean up: Several times now my computer has had updates to install , 2021-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5006670. Every time ie about 6 or 7 times now it tries to update and then says can`t complete install, then has to remove and clean what...
  7. Can`t install new windows 10 updates then decides to remove and clean up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Wake computer from keyboard/mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wake computer from keyboard/mouse: Hello. When my Windows 10 laptop is sleeping, how do I wake this up from the keyboard/mouse? This is connected to a docking station with dual monitors and I would like to not have to open my laptop every time to wake this....
  9. screen can not waking up but audio is still on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    screen can not waking up but audio is still on: Hi, I have a laptop ASUS with win10. When I close the screen while the video on, the audio is still on but the screen does not waking up after I lifted up the screen. Power off and on and restored the browser to get back to the video on you tube. I dont have any problem...
  10. Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Can a clean install USB be made without an ISO?: Two days ago, without any previous problems, I suddenly found myself basically locked out of my laptop. (I'm leaving out further explanation, because it's probably not relevant to my question.) I called tech support. They said it sounded like something had gone wrong...