Windows 10: I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...

Discus and support I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello, Two days ago I made a modification to my Lenovo yoga computer because the Start was not working. I followed a youtube video, and after I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Nessaaaaa, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Nessaaaaa Win User

I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...

Hello,

Two days ago I made a modification to my Lenovo yoga computer because the Start was not working. I followed a youtube video, and after I changed it, my computer restarted. I expected everything to be normal, but it was not. My computer had switched to airplane mode and now I can't turn it off. I have pressed the button to turn it off, but it did not work. I do not have a switch on the side to turn it off, and that made it harder. I have tried restarting it many different ways and shutting it off, but nothing is working. Due to the airplane mode, I cannot login to my computer and am stuck on the login screen being told that my password is incorrect. What do I do?

p.s.- I have a windows 10 and a lenovo yoga computer

:)

Nessaaaaa, Mar 12, 2019

2. Stuck on restarting screen

Hi Ashley,

It's really odd that your computer doesn't continue to restart and even got stuck on the restarting screen. However, since you're using a laptop, we suggest that you remove and put the battery back in your laptop, then boot it up again. Once your computer
    boots up completely, we suggest that you restart your computer and see if the issue persists.

We're looking forward to your feedback.

Carlos Tin, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Computer not booting to desktop, stuck at Restarting screen

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting in Community.

The issue might occur if the system is not Shut down properly. As you have already tried restarting the system several times, I suggest you to perform a Power Drain by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Turn Off the computer and remove the power cable.
    • Long press the Power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Plug in the power cable and switch on the computer.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 12, 2019
  4. I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...

Computer hangups - stuck on restart

I have a Dell laptop running windows 10. Recently on restart it is getting stuck. I have to turn it off and back on until it goes into repair mode and gives me some options to troubleshoot. If I pick option 7 which reboots without app permissions I believe
    it will come back with some apps greyed out. So I can never update windows 10 anymore, or let the computer restart for any reason, or I have to go through the same steps again. I always get the message that changes could not be made. I tried all the recover
    options, with or without saving files, reinstalling windows 10, to no avail. It runs OK but I want to be able to do updates and so on, and want to restore my computer back to normal. Any suggestions?

CraigMcCausland, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on...

1. I made a modification on my laptop, and then it restarted. Now, my computer is stuck on... - Similar Threads - made modification laptop

2. My computer is stuck on the restart screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is stuck on the restart screen: Hitting continue just takes me back to this screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-the-restart-screen/07264294-ec72-4fe0-a863-6cc783ff2e3a
  3. My computer is stuck on the restart screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is stuck on the restart screen: Hitting continue just takes me back to this screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-stuck-on-the-restart-screen/07264294-ec72-4fe0-a863-6cc783ff2e3a
  4. My computer is stuck on the restart screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer: I tried to recover windows of my lenovo ideapad 3 with windows 11. I chose the option of not keeping files. In the process, while reseting, I got the message "undoing the changes", I realized that Windows tried to go back but already deleted the user's files and did not...
  6. Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to RESTART my laptop but windows keep "undoing changes" made to my computer: I tried to recover windows of my lenovo ideapad 3 with windows 11. I chose the option of not keeping files. In the process, while reseting, I got the message "undoing the changes", I realized that Windows tried to go back but already deleted the user's files and did not...
  7. Windows 10 update now made my pc be stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer.

Windows 10 update now made my pc be stuck on Undoing changes made to your computer.: So last night I started to install the new Windows 10 update. Thinking that it won't take long I just let it sit there and do its thing, after around 4 hours it was only at 21% and since it was getting late I decided to just force shutdown my laptop and go to sleep, now it is...
  8. My laptop is stuck on 'undoing changes made to your computer'

My laptop is stuck on 'undoing changes made to your computer': I saw someone posted the same question. However, I've tried restarting my laptop thrice, even more now but it's still stuck at that state. Please assist me. What should I do now to turn it back to normal?...
  9. Restarted my laptop and a new account was made

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Restarted my laptop and a new account was made: I had to force shutdown my laptop after 15 to 20 minutes of the screen freezing. After opening it, I had to restart it as per an app's request. After restarting the laptop, I saw an user named Administrator was created. I logged in to this Admin account it said sign in, no...
  10. I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything: So i was basically trying to install a program, but after trying a few different things i made the mistake of resetting EVERY windows service. Now my comupter wont connect to the internet, cortana, and i tried to press the “get help” button but whem i do nothing happens (im...