Windows 10: I made my account "Device Owner" and now I don't have admin priveleges

Discus and support I made my account "Device Owner" and now I don't have admin priveleges in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I couldn't get google chrome to start I'm pretty sure it was because I blocked it by accident years ago on a different computer so I tried running it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BenAckman, Apr 26, 2020.

1. BenAckman Win User

I made my account "Device Owner" and now I don't have admin priveleges

I couldn't get google chrome to start I'm pretty sure it was because I blocked it by accident years ago on a different computer so I tried running it as Administrator. That didn't work, so I went into my account settings and made myself "device owner." Now I don't have admin privileges and I can't reverse the change. How can I fix this? I'm the sole user of this device.

:)

BenAckman, Apr 26, 2020
  2. PANDIT G. Win User

Admin account locked

My admin account is locked don,t know how to unlock but have a standard user to login please suggest can I do something from normal user to unlock the admin account.

PANDIT G., Apr 26, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 26, 2020
  4. BobFerro1 Win User

my device is a windows 7 device. how come I don;t see it on my microsoft account

my device is a windows 7 device. how come I don;t see it on my microsoft account

BobFerro1, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

1. I made my account "Device Owner" and now I don't have admin priveleges - Similar Threads - made account Device

2. Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work: Recently I tried making guest account and also changed mine to device owner and when I logged into the guest account I wasnt able to switch back to the admin device owner account, it just vanished. I need help on how to switch back because I when I try to run cmd as...
  3. Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changed admin account to device owner, now it doesnt work: Recently I tried making guest account and also changed mine to device owner and when I logged into the guest account I wasnt able to switch back to the admin device owner account, it just vanished. I need help on how to switch back because I when I try to run cmd as...
  4. I accidentally made my own account "system owner" and now i cant access anything that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally made my own account "system owner" and now i cant access anything that...: it just says "to continue, enter an admin username and password" and then there's just a "No" at the bottom of the box asking for admistrative permissions....
  5. I accidentally made my own account "system owner" and now i cant access anything that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally made my own account "system owner" and now i cant access anything that...: it just says "to continue, enter an admin username and password" and then there's just a "No" at the bottom of the box asking for admistrative permissions....
  6. I accidentally made my own account "system owner" and now i cant access anything that...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I don't have admin..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I don't have admin..: Is there a way to delete applications without admin perms on my computer? submitted by /u/UrM8Ash [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikbrjk/i_dont_have_admin/
  8. I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I don't have Admin rights,but I am Admin: I bought a new laptop and activated my win 10 OS. I was able to install new programs for awhile,but something changed and now I can't download new programs or update existing programs. Whenever I try to do either,a UAC windows pops-up and tells me to sign-in as Admin and the...
  9. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...
  10. Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changed only user from Admin to device owner, now my account is classified as a guest.: I typed the command netplwiz, and changed my only user from admin to device owner. I figured this would give me more access to the computer, but instead, I'm now considered a guest user. I cannot perform anything that requires admin rights. Is there any way to fix this...