Windows 10: I made my computer un bootable

Discus and support I made my computer un bootable in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So a few weeks back I purchased some memory and upgraded my PC to 196GB of RAM. The bios recognized the memory but windows only saw 120GB. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by leotheeprofessor, Jun 5, 2020.

1. I made my computer un bootable

So a few weeks back I purchased some memory and upgraded my PC to 196GB of RAM. The bios recognized the memory but windows only saw 120GB. I tried moving the DDR3 around rebooting. I eventually came to a thread that doomed me. So the thread basically had me go into msconfig advance options and change windows memory from 120880 to 196000 or check the use all memory. Regardless i made this change and now my computer won't start Windows 10. I am able to get to troubleshoot and advanced options but beyond that nothing. I have tried Startup repair and tried to but in safemode networking and without networking both don't boot. The only thing I have been able to access is the command line and i can get to the C:\ drive.

:)

leotheeprofessor, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Chewy Win User
    Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jun 5, 2020
  4. Windowz10 Win User

I made my computer un bootable

new upgraded windows 10 - how to make a bootable USB?

Just about every language on the planet was in the list I saw. The steps listed in the link mirror the ones posted by Microsoft on their support page for the process.

Personally, I just used the Media Creation tool and it made the bootable Flash drive with 3gbytes of Win10 on it no problem.

Windowz10, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

I made my computer un bootable

1. I made my computer un bootable - Similar Threads - made computer bootable

2. I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I made my External HDD as bootable without formatting, does that data is lost now?: So, I made my external HDD as a bootable but didn't format anything and now it's showing only 30GB out of 2TB.What should I do to revert back to normal and is it possible that my existing is not lost? any solution for this.I haven't even booted through it any way to get that...
  3. Help! Latest Windows Update has made my Windows 8.1 system un-bootable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Latest Windows Update has made my Windows 8.1 system un-bootable: Yesterday May 14, 2022 when I started up my Windows 8.1 system, I was notified that updates were available, so I went ahead and installed them via Windows Update as I've done many times before. But this time Windows hung while loading after the requisite restart. I waited...
  4. Help! Latest Windows Update has made my Windows 8.1 system un-bootable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! Latest Windows Update has made my Windows 8.1 system un-bootable: Yesterday May 14, 2022 when I started up my Windows 8.1 system, I was notified that updates were available, so I went ahead and installed them via Windows Update as I've done many times before. But this time Windows hung while loading after the requisite restart. I waited...
  5. Un bootable drive volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Un bootable drive volume: I cannot get passed the keyboard selection menu while in Windows repair mode. Can anyone assist? I am using a usb keyboard and mouse and conformed they both work. Windows booted up in repair mode today after flashing an “un mountable boot volume” . I do not have a boot up...
  6. Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing Win10 from a Bootable USB Made on a Mac: Hello! I’m a pretty tech savvy person, which is why I decided to take on this task. I’m primarily a Mac user (I’m a graphic designer) but can work cross-platform (my day job keeps me on a machine running Win7 and I use a VM on that computer for a system running what looks...
  7. Un-link computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Un-link computers: We have two computers both with Windows 10. One’s a work computer the other is a school computer for my son. When I download anything on the work computer or put it on my desktop it shows up on my sons school computer and vice versa. When you remove anything from one it...
  8. Recover files after usb was made bootable

Recover files after usb was made bootable: Hello everybody, I downloaded an iso Windows 10 image to my 256 gigas usb not considering that it would get formatted and made bootable. My intention was only to have the image on my stick along with all my other photos and files. Which is the best way to get my files...
  9. Repair Install Un bootable Windows 10

Repair Install Un bootable Windows 10: Hi, My windows is broken, neithet can i bootup my windows nor can i access recovery environment, it gives error 0xc000225 and 0xc000098 respectively. I tried several methods to fix it but failed with each. The last solution which came to my mind was to repair install...
  10. Where to find bootable ISO made during installation

Where to find bootable ISO made during installation: I was running Windows 7 on an Intel NUC and went to the Microsoft site where I did an install. Before the install began, I was asked if I wanted a bootable media. I clicked yes, and it appeared to create a file, however after a successful install, I have not been able to...