Windows 10: I made my wad files into internet explorer

Discus and support I made my wad files into internet explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I was trying to install mods to Hotline Miami 2. When it asked me what I wanted my wad. file default to be I accidently press internet explorer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Donovan Burger, May 11, 2022.

1. I made my wad files into internet explorer

So I was trying to install mods to Hotline Miami 2. When it asked me what I wanted my wad. file default to be I accidently press internet explorer. When I try to change the default app it only says internet explorer and look for more in the Microsoft store.

:)

Donovan Burger, May 11, 2022
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

I made my wad files into internet explorer wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

3. Mal H. Win User
    Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

I went to the ‘Choose default apps by file type’ and click on .wad it just says ‘Choose an App’ and shows Internet explorer, Notepad, and ‘Look for an app in the Microsoft store’.

Mal H., May 11, 2022
  4. Mal H. Win User

I made my wad files into internet explorer

Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

Yes, I am sure the files were supposed to be used to open the game.

When I chose ‘Open With’, it just shows Notepad, Internet Explorer, and some other computer apps, I can try to see if there are any other apps listed that can help but they’re mostly just word apps like Excel, and then it just asks if I can see if there’s
    an app in the microsoft store that can open .wad files (and there isn’t.)

Could I maybe use a word app that can handle the files instead and it’ll solve the problem? I’m nowhere near a tech expert though I’m still aware that it would be wise to make a copy of any file before I change it (and not on accident).

Mal H., May 11, 2022
Thema:

I made my wad files into internet explorer

1. I made my wad files into internet explorer - Similar Threads - made wad files

2. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  3. Explorer File Not internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer File Not internet explorer: As I am having problems with the preview pane and have had replies but nothing has worked -- May I ask if File Explorer can be removed and then restored.Please see my preview query Preview pane stopped working. and my name is Terence Cotton....
  4. I made my wad files into internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I made my wad files into internet explorer: So I was trying to install mods to Hotline Miami 2. When it asked me what I wanted my wad. file default to be I accidently press internet explorer. When I try to change the default app it only says internet explorer and look for more in the Microsoft store....
  5. I made my wad files into internet explorer

I made my wad files into internet explorer: So I was trying to install mods to Hotline Miami 2. When it asked me what I wanted my wad. file default to be I accidently press internet explorer. When I try to change the default app it only says internet explorer and look for more in the Microsoft store....
  6. File Explorer made a oopsie

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer made a oopsie: Hello, I'm a little disgruntled at the file explorer as I noticed the 6 folders that are in this pc is no longer on the left side bar and I'm really aggravated at the fact that those 6 folders are no longer on the left side as it was for me a easier way to get to my downloads...
  7. File Explorer made a oopsie

File Explorer made a oopsie: Hello, I'm a little disgruntled at the file explorer as I noticed the 6 folders that are in this pc is no longer on the left side bar and I'm really aggravated at the fact that those 6 folders are no longer on the left side as it was for me a easier way to get to my downloads...
  8. "Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Files" app made my Windows File explorer blank: When I installed Files from Microsoft Store, the default file explorer is empty, i need a way to fix this submitted by /u/Izanaski [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lfkvgt/files_app_made_my_windows_file_explorer_blank/
  9. Converted .wad files to notepad by accident

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converted .wad files to notepad by accident: I downloaded a video game from steam and while I was browsing its contents I accidentally chose the option to always open up .wad files with notepad and now the game won't work. I chose to reset all default apps associated with files and then restarted my PC and that did...
  10. Ran a .BAT file that made my internet not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ran a .BAT file that made my internet not work: I ran this code as admin and my internet doesn't work anymore. How do i remove or revert everything I did? Please help, thanks Code: @echo off IF NOT "%CHANGEME%"=="1" ( powershell New-NetQosPolicy -Name "CHANGEME" -Default -ThrottleRateActionBitsPerSecond 8 -PolicyStore...