Windows 10: I made the jump!

Discus and support I made the jump! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all! Well I finally made the jump from Windows 7 to 10 and a painless experience it was too. *Smile I'm wondering - Are there any settings I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Swizz, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Swizz Win User

I made the jump!

Hello all!

Well I finally made the jump from Windows 7 to 10 and a painless experience it was too. *Smile

I'm wondering - Are there any settings I should turn on/off in the way of privacy that I keep hearing much about? Or any other that I should be aware of, that will keep my browsing as smooth as possible

Thanks.

:)

Swizz, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Jomel Ber Win User
    cannot turn off jump list

Hi Rohit,

To address this concern, we suggest that you follow these steps on how to turn off the Jump Lists on Windows 10:

• Go to Start menu, search Settings, then press
      Enter.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Start.
    • Turn off the Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or taskbar.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Sep 17, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

I made the jump!

Microsoft Office Taskbar Jump Lists

Hi Ken,

For us to better assist you with the taskbar Jump Lists issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Does the issue also occur on other pinned apps/files?

In the meantime, we suggest to turn off/on Jump Lists in Settings. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings, then select
      Personalization.
    • In the left pane, click Start.
    • Turn Off then turn On Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on the Start or the taskbar.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

I made the jump!

1. I made the jump! - Similar Threads - made jump

2. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...: When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that I sent is reformatted when it arrives to the recipient. How do I fix this?...
  3. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...: When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that I sent is reformatted when it arrives to the recipient. How do I fix this?...
  4. When I email a document I made with Ultra Office, the document is altered. The format that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  6. Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.

Windows 11 Media Creation Tool made the USB device write protected and this is irreversible.: I was trying to create a bootable USB flash drive of Windows 11 using the Windows 11 Media Creation Tool. It completed everything but still ended with Error code 0x80070013 - 0xa001b.I was using Sandisk Ultra Dual 32 GB USB 3.0 OTG Pendrive, just for information.Then I...
  7. When I go to C:\Users there are a list of users that I do not recognize. I have only made 1...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I go to C:\Users there are a list of users that I do not recognize. I have only made 1...: See image attached for user list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-cusers-there-are-a-list-of-users-that/7e24061d-bedb-455c-b8ca-7995627fab8b
  8. When I go to C:\Users there are a list of users that I do not recognize. I have only made 1...

When I go to C:\Users there are a list of users that I do not recognize. I have only made 1...: See image attached for user list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-go-to-cusers-there-are-a-list-of-users-that/7e24061d-bedb-455c-b8ca-7995627fab8b
  9. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

in Browsers and Email
    Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made: This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge. When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say for example "Like" is selected, the view in Edge jumps or pages down. So to return to the same point in the newsfeed, one...
  10. Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made

in Windows 10 Support
    Edge View Jumps Down When a Selection is Made: This is a relatively new system and I have been trying to find a solution for an annoyance with MS Edge. When browsing, such as in Facebook, and, say for example "Like" is selected, the view in Edge jumps or pages down. So to return to the same point in the newsfeed, one...