Windows 10: I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly

Discus and support I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My mouse is moving slowly and my internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly. I may have a virus. What can I do about this??? 129853 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yahanna, Mar 29, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly

My mouse is moving slowly and my internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly. I may have a virus. What can I do about this???

:)

yahanna, Mar 29, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Mar 29, 2019
  3. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Mar 29, 2019
  4. I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly

Virus...NOOOOO!

Then its not a virus, i thought its a little strange that a virus was still going in safe mode. But i dont know what to suggest it could be? Are you using the same pc to connect to the internet, just with a linux partition?

BradleyKZN, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly

1. I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly - Similar Threads - May Virus Acting

2. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slowly freezing: Hey everyone,This problem has happend to me before, but it hasnt happend in a while.To explain what happend; The applications I had opened slowly started to freeze, Couldnt click on things, but can move to another tab, then cant move to another tab till the application is...
  3. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC slowly freezing: Hey everyone,This problem has happend to me before, but it hasnt happend in a while.To explain what happend; The applications I had opened slowly started to freeze, Couldnt click on things, but can move to another tab, then cant move to another tab till the application is...
  4. PC slowly freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I think i may have gotten a virus, but it's using the official Microsoft domain.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think i may have gotten a virus, but it's using the official Microsoft domain.: This is the second time this has happened. First, I receive this notification.When I click it, it opens either Firefox or chrome. On chrome, it automatically adds an extension, and on Firefox it asks me to add an extension. It directs me to this...
  6. I have pop ups and it stays blue and acts like its a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have pop ups and it stays blue and acts like its a virus: On my last past installs on website Roblox's. i have pops up that stays blue and it slows my pc down. I got app but i want studio to. pls help. I try get a pic. if need....
  7. Windows 10 is acting up or I may have broken it

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is acting up or I may have broken it: Hello! I recently decided to change my user folder name because I didn't like the name windows gave it. Also, I decided to change all names from the old name to the new one in the registry to make sure everything would work correctly. That all went fine until I was editing...
  8. May be virus

May be virus: I was having problem with content browser via which i take classes and technical team of teacher took control of my system via anydesk. The problem was solved but later when i decided to watch a classalmost immediately i noticed that content browser exe was not there in...
  9. I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    I May Have a Virus -- PC Acting Slowly: My mouse is moving slowly and my internet keeps connecting and disconnecting randomly. I may have a virus. What can I do about this??? 129853
  10. I Have a virus On My PC

I Have a virus On My PC: Log OS : Windows 10 Version 1607 Browser : Microsoft Edge Effect : Flashing Screen Going Into Screen Saver And Back To Edge I Got A Virus On My PC...