Windows 10: I may have bricked my bios

Discus and support I may have bricked my bios in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I was changing some settings in the bios on my HP 6300 Pro Sff and after I saved and exited the screen just went black and beeped once but didn't go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by quicksilverstud, Dec 20, 2019.

1. I may have bricked my bios

So I was changing some settings in the bios on my HP 6300 Pro Sff and after I saved and exited the screen just went black and beeped once but didn't go any farther so after a couple times I got to the bios pending box at the logo screen saying changes have been made that are still pending and then I was given 3 options

Esc
    Enter
    And typing in a pass code to verify your want the changes.

:)

quicksilverstud, Dec 20, 2019

2. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We'd like to get more information regarding the issue.

1. Are you able to sign in Windows?
    2. Once you sign in, does the display remains same as it is in the screen shot?
    We would suggest you to follow steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Unplug all external devices except for keyboard and mouse.
    2. Load BIOS settings to default.
    3. Then try to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Looking forward to your response.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Dec 20, 2019
  4. I may have bricked my bios

Powercolor RX480 BIOS required

Find the unverified bios option.

eidairaman1, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

I may have bricked my bios

1. I may have bricked my bios - Similar Threads - may bricked bios

2. I may or may not have absolutely destroyed this laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I may or may not have absolutely destroyed this laptop: Ok so I have a six year old Dell laptop. I had stopped using it for years and recently found it. I wanted to start using it again but it only had 28gb and i only had 1gb left. I tried to download windows updates but it had no space no matter how much i deleted. After trying...
  3. I may or may not have absolutely destroyed this laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I may or may not have absolutely destroyed this laptop: Ok so I have a six year old Dell laptop. I had stopped using it for years and recently found it. I wanted to start using it again but it only had 28gb and i only had 1gb left. I tried to download windows updates but it had no space no matter how much i deleted. After trying...
  4. My windows 10 may be bricked. please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows 10 may be bricked. please help: So basically, i haven't updated my windows since mid 2019, so that is probably when the issues started. I cannot do software updates, download anything from microsoft store or perform any of the recovery options to reset/refresh my pc. I have tried several things, the...
  5. Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios.

in Windows 10 Support
    Have I bricked my Dell Optiplex? Can't access bios.: I was trying to clone a HDD using Acronis Disk Director. The app showed all drives ie the one to clone to, the usb flash drive and the main drive on the pc. It appeared to be going OK but said the pc needed to restart. Strange, I thought. When it restarted, it couldn't find...
  6. PC bricks after Bios Update

in Windows 10 Support
    PC bricks after Bios Update: I have an MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi board with a Ryzen 9 3900x Overclocked to 4.47ghz. Main display is on a Gigabyte 2080Ti and the other 2 are on a Radeon RX580. Windows 10 on an nvme m.2 Using MSI Dragon Center to download and install updates will reach 100% and reboot but...
  7. I upgraded my bios and Windows starts having issues, then bricks and sends me into an...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I upgraded my bios and Windows starts having issues, then bricks and sends me into an...: Now every time I boot up my pc, it blue screens on startup (stop code CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED), then sends me to automatic repair, and I can’t get out. It won’t let me do system restore, and it won’t let me reset my PC. I have an ASUS ROG Zephyrus with RTX 2060 and Intel Core...
  8. Windows 10 May update bricking hard drives

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 May update bricking hard drives: I run a small computer repair shop and over the past week have gotten 7 computers in with the hard drive failed. All had just upgraded to the May update or were in the process of upgrading. I had one customers computer I was working on and it downloaded the update and was...
  9. Latest May Update Brick my PC

Latest May Update Brick my PC: The latest update bricked my PC...twice. I re installed everything and none repair tools worked. The computer rebooted after the update and is left hanging with the spinning circle Got everything running again, things like reinstalling one drive a complex pain All...
  10. Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?

Windows update bricked my bios ?? Thought to be impossible ?: Windows forced update after 35 day disable activated (This week) MSI - Z87-G43 * Intel i5 4670K Gigabyte 1050Ti * SGT baracudda Windows Pre Bricked - Ver 1709 I had my pc running in the background updating my steam library , While that was going on i was cleaning my...