Windows 10: I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge

Discus and support I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to move library folders and everything possible from C to D drive and somehow ended up moving desktop to C and merging them. They show as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TaraKeehl, Jun 5, 2020.

1. TaraKeehl Win User

I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge

I was trying to move library folders and everything possible from C to D drive and somehow ended up moving desktop to C and merging them. They show as the same location and program files, users and other folders are on my desktop now. How do i fix this without uninstalling and reinstalling

:)

TaraKeehl, Jun 5, 2020
  2. DDobs Win User

Merged apps on a single tile on Windows 10 start menu

I accidentally merged two apps on a single tile but cannot unmerge back to two tiles AND delete the "folder" tile

DDobs, Jun 5, 2020
  3. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop
    as well.

I would like to separate them under 2 individual folders and locations, please help!

Beckyyyyy69, Jun 5, 2020
  4. I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge

User Folder name shows incorrectly in Explorer after an accidental merge with Desktop folder. How to correct?

While moving the location of my user profile folders (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Pictures, etc) to a second drive to save space on my SSD boot drive, I accidentally merged the Pictures and Desktop folders together. This was repaired by using the "Restore
    Default" option under the Location tab in Properties. However, I then accidentally merged the Desktop folder with my User Profile folder when moving it back to the SSD boot drive (I thought Desktop could stay on that drive afterall). The situation at present
    is the following:

My Desktop folder has been restored to the location

C:\Users\USERNAME\Desktop

All is functioning as normal, and the folder has been re-identified as a system folder (a lot of forum searching to make that happen).

However, the issue that is still present is that my User Profile folder is incorrectly shown in File Exporer as

C:\Users\Desktop

even though in the registry and file structure (using cmd prompt etc) it is correctly listed as

C:\Users\USERNAME

for this folder and all sub-folders.

I have been unable to rectify this issue and would appreciate any help. The computer is fully functional as is, with the only glitch seeming to show in File Explorer. If any clarification is necessary, please ask. Thanks-

WindowsPictureTaker, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge

1. I merged Desktop and C: accidentally and can't unmerge - Similar Threads - merged Desktop accidentally

2. I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder: I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-desktop-folder-and-documents/9862aa67-ad5c-424f-8f09-e2bafd10fb7e
  3. I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder: I accidentally merged Desktop folder and Documents folder. Please help me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-desktop-folder-and-documents/9862aa67-ad5c-424f-8f09-e2bafd10fb7e
  4. Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidental merge of desktop folder with User folder: hello, I was moving my user folder from my SSD to my HDD, I first started with the desktop folder but decided to move it back, I ended up merging my user and desktop file.i Have tried to follow the answer to this question, but it didn't work:...
  5. Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them: I accidentally merges my D drive and desktop folder together and I do not know know how to unmerged them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merged-d-drive-with-desktop-folder-and-want-to/2d7ca7f8-0687-4fa3-bd32-93f548ac1da4
  6. Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Merged D drive with desktop folder and want to unmerged them: I accidentally merges my D drive and desktop folder together and I do not know know how to unmerged them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merged-d-drive-with-desktop-folder-and-want-to/2d7ca7f8-0687-4fa3-bd32-93f548ac1da4
  7. Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally merged desktop folder to D drive: As i was moving some folders from desktop folder, i had accidentally merged it with D:. I would like to reinstate the desktop folder to the original location i.e to C:\Users\User\Desktop and delink it from D:. please help!...
  8. Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accidentally merged Documents and Desktop: I accidentally merged the folders. Then downloaded a restore registry file and now i am locked out. Please help submitted by /u/authenticsaif123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4e8fn/accidentally_merged_documents_and_desktop/
  9. I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop

I accidentally merged my C drive with my desktop: Now every time I move something to my desktop it goes to my C drive and all the folders in the C drive are appearing on my desktop and I cant move them, is there a solution to this? Thanks...
  10. I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE

I ACCIDENTALLY MERGED MY DESKTOP TO "D" DRIVE: As i was changing the direction of my Desktop from C:\Users\User\Desktop to D:\Desktop, i accidentally merged them both, meaning whatever i see on my desktop is content from my D folder and vice versa, whatever i edit in D gets removed from the desktop as well. I would like...