Windows 10: I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up.

Discus and support I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi. I was merging several hard drive partitions on my hard drive to get it ready to clone to a bigger drive. The last ones I tried to merge, I think... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TonyGodsey, Sep 2, 2019.

1. I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up.

Hi. I was merging several hard drive partitions on my hard drive to get it ready to clone to a bigger drive. The last ones I tried to merge, I think was the one where the Bios was. I set it to merge and restart, but when it restarted it came up to a screen that says: No Bootable Device -- insert boot disk and press any key.

I have went in and checked that the drive is attached good, made sure the boot order is starting with the hard drive, SAtA mode is AHCI.

The computer is a Gateway NE71B with a Crucial SSD.

Thanks for any help.

:)

TonyGodsey, Sep 2, 2019
  2. jeffQS Win User

Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?

jeffQS, Sep 2, 2019
  3. ati.bob Win User
    Best/Prefered Partition & Boot Manager

I'm looking for a partition and boot manager for my PC once I get my HDD back.. Since PowerQuest had merged with Symantec, it previous line of products (PartitionMagic/BootMagic 8) seems a bit outdated (eg, no Win Server 2003 support, some bugs, etc.)... Any suggestions?

ati.bob, Sep 2, 2019
  4. foxslink Win User

I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up.

Cant merge Partitions

Hi folks,
    i was trying to merge a partition to another one but i couldnt, it said i didnt have GPT or that i dont have enough space to extend it, does anyone know why? there is only 1 unallocated partition im trying to merge into another partition that has files, the idea is to keep the files intact. i tried deleting it then using the extend function but nada. pls help

foxslink, Sep 2, 2019
Thema:

I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up.

1. I merged some partitions and now computer won't boot up. - Similar Threads - merged partitions computer

2. Computer won't boot up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't boot up.: Friends computer was hacked, He had bank seal his accounts, no harm, hacker did something and computer will not boot up, Two technicians have not been able to fix it. Do any of those Thumb Drive repairs advertised on the internet work. They say they go in and remove viruses...
  3. How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to merge a partition to boot partition(same ssd): submitted by /u/Ripcord999 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k2siue/how_to_merge_a_partition_to_boot_partitionsame_ssd/
  4. Computer won't boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer won't boot up: Hallo, I can't boot up anymore my laptop. It shows smart hard disk error. Otherwise if I continue to start my laptop it tries to repair itself. That goes on in a loop or the screen just stays on but nothing happens. I cant get into Bios advanced settings. Or boot the...
  5. How can I merge system and boot partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I merge system and boot partitions: Hi to all! On hdd-1 I have clean installation of windows 10 Pro updated to the latest version. (Of course) there are system reserved active partition followed by boot partition C. Tell me, please, how to (if possible) merge system and boot partitions without the need for...
  6. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  7. Merge Boot partition Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Merge Boot partition Windows 10: Hi, It is posible to get rid of boot partition? I mean, integrate it into the main partition of windows? 148853
  8. Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Merged the system reserved disk partition, now it won't boot up.: I have a windows 10 professional installed. There was a system reserved disk partition and i merged it with the local disk d by the aomei partition software. And when i restart it doesn't boot up What do i do Please help...
  9. Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to merge the OS partition and the boot partition?: I have 4 partitions on my HDD and am unable to download some diagnostic software due to this. I have a 500 MB reserved, OS, boot and recovery partitions. Is it possible to merge any of these partitions to make one available in Windows 10 education version?...
  10. How do I merge boot and system partitions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I merge boot and system partitions: Hi everyone, I recently updated from Win7 to Win10. Initially when updating I was encountering an error, which I resolved by splitting my SSD into 2 partitions using CMD (I found this information through other posts). Now the SSD is in 2 partitions, one being the boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. merge 2 partition in 1 disk problem it wont boot

2. merged partitions windows wont boot