Windows 10: I messed up a clean boot

Discus and support I messed up a clean boot in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wakchi, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Wakchi Win User

I messed up a clean boot

Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection.

I did everything in “Restart + Shift” but everytime i click something the screen goes black and it goes back to the lock screen. Nothing ever changes. Ive also tried doing the usb with the windows 10 software thing

:)

Wakchi, Apr 26, 2019
  2. Toothless Win User

Silent boot failure

List your specs out and tell us each step in cleaning you did.

Toothless, Apr 26, 2019
  3. RAW
    Raw Win User
    Help me clean up this mess

Wires everywhere...looks sloppy.
    How would you clean up this mess?
    I hate the right hand side of this system, I wish the GPUs PCIe plugs were on the cards ends and not the top..
    Suggestions?

I messed up a clean boot RAW2500KEVGA670s1.jpg

4. I messed up a clean boot

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

I messed up a clean boot

1. I messed up a clean boot - Similar Threads - messed clean boot

2. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  3. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  4. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  5. Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and...: Something was wrong with Groove music so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  6. dual boot mess up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual boot mess up: I installed pop os from a video that worked in the past to upgrade to a new version of pop os, now the boot menu when I hit f12 won't see windows 10 install on my separate drive. It just says intel where windows boot manager should be. I troubleshooted with the windows boot...
  7. How do I clean up a messed up FileHistory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I clean up a messed up FileHistory: This is a little complicated. It involves the File History option of Windows 10. As I understand it, the File History copies the files to a backup media and makes a corresponding 'support file' that points to the backup copy of the file. My problem is I messed this up and...
  8. Messed up clean install. Help needed.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up clean install. Help needed.: Was doing a clean install and deleted the partitions, got the message 'We couldn't create partition or locate...." Went online for trouble shooting, which did not work. Right now, I am getting this " Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media ...." How much...
  9. Boot order is messed up...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot order is messed up...: So, I installed Ubuntu on my computer (previously i had Win 10) and I think I managed to mess up the boot order in the process. I wiped the disk and attempted to install Win 10 again (via USB stick made with MediaCreationTool) and received an error from the Windows Boot...
  10. How to clean up this mess?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to clean up this mess?: I just completed the Win10 Anniversary Update on my laptop. Doing that is another story - but this is what my boot drive looks like now: [img] This system was originally Win8 (I know, i should change the drive name) which i updated to Win10 when that came out. I never...