Windows 10: I messed up all the services - please help

Discus and support I messed up all the services - please help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So this afternoon I was messing around with my dell win10 laptop, and using task manager to close all the tasks I thought I didn't need. However, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Playr0816, May 21, 2020.

1. I messed up all the services - please help

So this afternoon I was messing around with my dell win10 laptop, and using task manager to close all the tasks I thought I didn't need.

However, this caused a couple of problems:

• My audio was gone
    • Internet (network status and probably more) has disappeared
    • Microsoft Teams has gotten stuck in a weird configuration
    • My PC will not take a pin, but a password works instead

I've fixed the audio by turning it on in services, so I assume that should be where the other processes can be fixed too. Could you please advise on how to continue - I can take photos if you need.

Maybe what would be helpful is a list of all the services I need to turn back on that are essential to running the pc.

Posted from mobile and thank you sooo much.

submitted by /u/Playr0816
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Playr0816, May 21, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, May 21, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, May 21, 2020
  4. I messed up all the services - please help

Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 21, 2020
Thema:

I messed up all the services - please help

1. I messed up all the services - please help - Similar Threads - messed services please

2. I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.: I tried to troubleshoot but it says my Local disk C is locked by bitlocker!!!! IM SHAKING PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-all-services-in-msconfig-please-help/0b6dec67-acde-4add-9a1b-04e89c3e19e5
  3. I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I DISABLED ALL SERVICES IN MSCONFIG. Please help.: I tried to troubleshoot but it says my Local disk C is locked by bitlocker!!!! IM SHAKING PLEASE HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-disabled-all-services-in-msconfig-please-help/0b6dec67-acde-4add-9a1b-04e89c3e19e5
  4. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  5. Please help, everything is messed up

Please help, everything is messed up: Ok so I’ve had this problem for a long time and I’m finally done with putting up with it, I need to fix it, please if you have a solution say it! Here is my problems: 1.) Cannot open Microsoft Store and any Microsoft store apps 2.) Cannot open Settings and no type of...
  6. Boot Drive messed up? please help!

Boot Drive messed up? please help!: So, I was doing the Guru3D Display Driver Uninstaller, and I did all that, and it restarted and then it says “A disk read error occurred, press ctrl alt del to restart” and i don’t know what to do!!!! submitted by /u/FalconzBeast [link] [comments]...
  7. please help, I MESSED UP (system folders)

please help, I MESSED UP (system folders): [ATTACH] I tried to move the system folders to my bigger ssd ("Laufwerk E"). I followed the instructions on this side https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/moving-your-personal-data-folders-in-windows-vista-the-easy-way/ so i started with "3d objects" and now it...
  8. Please Help Display Is Messed Up

Please Help Display Is Messed Up: I have a very old monitor that I use as my second and recently I broke the adapter for it so I bought a new one, now its messed up. The monitor itself is 1600x1200 but that isnt an option in the resolution settings anymore. I tried every single resolution setting that was...
  9. Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help)

Dropdown Bar Messed Up (Please Help): [ATTACH] Has anyone had where the dropdown (to print, find, etc) is showing up above the screen when you click it and the browser (I am using Chrome) is maximized. This is what it looks like:...
  10. Messed up Bios settings. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Messed up Bios settings. Please help: I Changed BIOS OS mode selection setting from CSM to "UEFI and Legacy." Now laptop boots to blank screen. No bios splash screen. I hear the optical drive being recognize and the fans turn on. Fans intermittently speed up and slow down. Samsung NP365E5C-S05US with Windows...