Windows 10: I Messed Up and I Think I've Been Hacked. What Can I Do?

Discus and support I Messed Up and I Think I've Been Hacked. What Can I Do? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good day to everyone. I'm new here and I would like the advice of experts here. (Sorry for the long post please bear with me) Earlier this morning, I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by kiz1998, Mar 11, 2021.

1. kiz1998 Win User

I Messed Up and I Think I've Been Hacked. What Can I Do?

Good day to everyone. I'm new here and I would like the advice of experts here. (Sorry for the long post please bear with me)

Earlier this morning, I received an email for a writing job position. See, I've been on a hunt for a job for a while now and I thought it was really well-spoken went ahead and followed the instructions.

I'll paste the instructions on the Google Form from the email that I followed to make things clearer:

The work we do is remote, we are in a different country and a different time zone. To make this work arrangement possible we need to use Google Drive - to show you can use it do the following and check off these tasks as you go.

* Create a Google Drive Folder called Super Start Write 2021

*Change the sharing options for the folder and share with (the email of that I recevied)

*Make sure (the same email) has editing rights

The next part of the tools test - we need you to be able to use Zoom - please complete the tasks below and check them off

* Open Zoom - Install it if you don't have it from here Video Conferencing, Web Conferencing, Webinars, Screen Sharing - Zoom

* Start Recording

* Say Hello, who you are and where you are from

* Open up your internet browser of choice

* Share your screen

* Go to Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

* Run the speedtest and record your results

* Then go to TypingTest.com - Complete a Typing Test in 60 Seconds! and do the 3 minute test on normal difficulty

* Close zoom then send me the video by uploading it to the Google Drive folder you created earlier

* Give me a screenshot of your computer specs and complete the task below.

That's about it for the suspicious part. There were other tasks which I did such as writing a sample article etc. Anyway, the weird thing was, after I installed zoom (I didn't have zoom before) and recorded my typing session, I suddenly received this email saying my zoom account password was CHANGED from a different location.

Here's a screenshot of it:

I Messed Up and I Think I've Been Hacked. What Can I Do? [​IMG]

I thought it was weird because I didn't change the password. I'm from Southeast Asia and the one that change the password was from a different time zone to the West.

What I did was immediately change the passwords of my accounts in my phone (Gmail, Social Media, Steam). Fortunately, I don't login my finances in my PC but I still informed my bank anyway.

The next thing I did was uninstall zoom. I have Avast on when this happened and it didn't detect anything. I downloaded Rkill and ran it. Downloaded HitmanPro and detected nothing. I then downloaded Malwarebytes, ran a scan and found 8 threats. I'm no tech guy so I'm not sure what this means but here's a screenshot:

*the topmost entry was a scan I did on my flashdrive btw*

Next I ran ADWCleaner and found 4 PUPs which I don't know what means either:

And this is me now typing this post. It's been 12 hours since the incident occurred and so far, nothing else has happened yet. But I'm genuinely scared. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm afraid if there's any spyware or keylogger that made it through everything that happened. I have some important files, sensitive information in my pc, and sites which I get on to. I did some research and found some articles stating hackers can insert malware in zoom installation files.

What are your thoughts about the situation? Am I being too paranoid? Or screwed? Is there any other way to detect keyloggers? Should I reformat everything or observe first? Can anyone help me on how I can secure my PC without having to reformat? It's the last thing I wanna do but I'm willing to do it if there's no other way. Thank you for reading up until this point.

:)

kiz1998, Mar 11, 2021
  2. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Mar 11, 2021
  3. YOU
    You Win User
    Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • I Messed Up and I Think I've Been Hacked. What Can I Do? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

4. lacrumb Win User

Think I've been Hacked ?

If you think you have been hacked run Windows Security and Malwarebytes.

lacrumb, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

1. I Messed Up and I Think I've Been Hacked. What Can I Do? - Similar Threads - Messed I've Been

2. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I've been hacked: I had an alert pop up and was asked to call 855-451-2951. I was connected with Microsoft but I want to verify that it was actually microsoft and not a hack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-ive-been-hacked/5a7234e1-b771-42d6-a19f-e8125183ef3c
  3. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I've been hacked: I had an alert pop up and was asked to call 855-451-2951. I was connected with Microsoft but I want to verify that it was actually microsoft and not a hack https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-ive-been-hacked/5a7234e1-b771-42d6-a19f-e8125183ef3c
  4. I think I've been hacked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. i messed up i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  6. i messed up i think

i messed up i think: i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this...
  7. How to contact a tech for help, I think I've been hacked

How to contact a tech for help, I think I've been hacked: I need to speak to a security tech because I think I was hacked. Microsoft lock my computer up 9/14/23 said to call & I did & I now believe the tech I've been dealing with scammed me....
  8. I think I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I think I messed up: all my applications are gone and I cant access my taskbar on windows 10. Could it be maware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-think-i-messed-up/1831829c-67fa-4c61-a0b4-c1948e1aa9c1
  9. Think I've been Hacked ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Think I've been Hacked ?: My computer keeps shutting down. I cannot use my Netflixs or Dell SupportAssist. Blue screen with message saying there is a problem with your PC and it is required to restart. Stop Code: BAD POOL CALLER. What should I do to rectify. I have already factory reset my computer...
  10. I think , I have been Hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think , I have been Hacked: Split from this thread. Microsoft is telling me that my PC is hacked and in danger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-think-i-have-been-hacked/0aacc809-950d-4f11-96b6-8019e5983def