Windows 10: I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open

Discus and support I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Don't ask how I did it, but I accidentally deleted some of my \roaming\appdata folders, including the Windows one. I refuse to tell. Fortunately, I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GF1701, Sep 29, 2020.

1. GF1701 Win User

I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open

Don't ask how I did it, but I accidentally deleted some of my \roaming\appdata folders, including the Windows one. I refuse to tell. Fortunately, I use Windows 10 File History to back up that appdata folder--or at least I did until a couple of weeks ago, when I decided, in my infantile wisdom, that there was no need to back that particular folder up. So I restored the Windows 10 and other folders using a two-week old backup. The restore worked pretty well there were exceptions, but Excel was somehow damaged. If I open the program directly not by double-clicking a .xslx file, it will open after about 55 seconds. If I try opening it by double-clicking on a .xslx in File Manager, it opens the program in about a minute I timed it, but does not open the spreadsheet. I can then open the file from within Excel, and it immediately loads. If I start Excel in Safe Mode, it opens immediately. Microsoft Word is unaffected. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong, and how I might fix it? I realize that I could try to restore Windows to a recovery point, but I’d sure like to avoid impacting any other programs.

:)

GF1701, Sep 29, 2020
  2. x509 Win User

Word and Excel 2013 now crash when I try to print or edit-Outlook OK

Trying to print or edit in Office 2013 Word and Excel now causes the program to crash. Outlook works fine.

the following have not fixed the problem.
    1. Repair install of Office 2013
    2. Uninstall (with Revo Pro) and then full re-install
    3. Uninstall and then reinstall of the HP Laserjet printer drive.

What is my next step, short of nuking the entire Win installation and starting over (ugh!)???

3. Excel isn't opening properly

Hello BradBoner

Does the error pop up as soon as you click on the Excel program to open or once the Excel is opened?

Try the steps below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Try to open Excel in safe mode and check if it opens:

· Hold Windows key + R.

· Copy and paste, or type the following command in the Open box, and then press Enter:

Excel /safe

Note: There is space between Excel and/

If the issue does not occur in Excel safe, then try to disable add-ins associated with Excel 2013 and check the result.

· Click on File menu, Options and then Add-ins.

· Click on Go button besides Manage: Com-in Add.

· Check if there are add-ins listed, clear the checkbox to disable them.

Step 2:

If the above step fails, try the step below:

Right click on Excel (.exe) > Properties > Compatibility > uncheck all the boxes, click Ok and check if it helps.

To access Excel (.exe), open the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15\Excel.exe

Or

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\Root\Office15\Excel.exe

Try to open Excel and check if it opens.

Source:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/foru...

Hope this information can help you

Adis R. Asesora Independient

Adis Rivero, Sep 29, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

CSV files used to open in Excel....not now!

Hi, you say Excel is installed. Does it run normally?

You can't find Excel in (an unspecified) list of applications. I don't know which list that is for sure.

For example, in the list related to:
    - rt click a file. Open With
    - this list:

I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open [​IMG]

- this list:

I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open [​IMG]

- some other list...

If Excel does not appear in the above, I suggest you repair your office installation.

Maybe the above gives you some ideas. Otherwise please post a screenshot of where you think you should see it but don't. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. I messed up, and now Excel 2013 takes almost a minute to open - Similar Threads - messed Excel 2013

2. Excel 2013 spreadsheets

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel 2013 spreadsheets: I am having hick-ups in my spreadsheets, ie, copying, pasting, inserting, etc. How can this be resolved? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013-spreadsheets/40ceb777-1a23-4ff3-a8f4-f7f9ac5b6bb0
  3. Excel 2013

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Excel 2013: using xcel 2013 automatic fill only works in first column. should it work in all columns? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/excel-2013/ffdfb336-3be8-4e00-8dec-6ebdd8c702c0
  4. Microphone is messed up now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone is messed up now: I was trying to fix my mic to play phasmophobia with a friend and in the process I set all my settings to default and now I am very quiet to my friends on discord and my audio sounds extremely weird and I can now hear background noises where I couldn't before. Can someone...
  5. Office 2013 problems with excel 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 problems with excel 2013: Hi i am using excel 2013 and have a spreadsheet with two works sheets and a couple of days ago i thought i had hidden quite a few rows at the top of the sheet. But today i loaded it back up and i am not able to unhide them so i might have deleted them? But what is puzzeling...
  6. On excel 2013

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    On excel 2013: I have had an Excel file which has been accidently being disappeared !!! Any time trying to open it from Recent files, getting a notification that the file could be; moved, renamed or deleted? I cannot find it in recycling bin. a not in the folder. Please let me know how I...
  7. Excel 2013 uninstalled and reinstalled ... worked for a while and now doesn't

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel 2013 uninstalled and reinstalled ... worked for a while and now doesn't: I uninstalled and reinstalled Microsoft Office 2013 because Excel wasn't working at all. For a brief time after I reinstalled it, Excel was working perfectly. Now I'm missingone vertical gridline and several not all horizontal gridlines....
  8. Update to 1809 messed up almost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update to 1809 messed up almost everything: I've updated a dozen of other computers to 1809 and had no problems. But those were mainly default setups, no advanced users. I thought it's time for me as advanced user to upgrade my Win 10 to 1809. And I did it. Jawww….disaster! :( Upon first reboot, my profile was...
  9. Excel 2013

Excel 2013: My Excel program will not open - it says "it has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly and Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like to repair it now?" When I click "repair now" the program just closes. Please can you help...
  10. System restore takes almost a day now

System restore takes almost a day now: Hello all, I performed a system restore to a point eleven days ago because of a malfunctioning driver. However, the system restore is currently stuck at "System Restore is restoring the registry" and it's been at it for almost 24 hours now. What should I do? Thanks!...