Windows 10: I messed up folder ownership off Appdata

Discus and support I messed up folder ownership off Appdata in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I messed up bad. I changed the Folderownership of the user/appdata folder and checked the apply to all subfolders mark. The consequences are are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Corn, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Corn Win User

I messed up folder ownership off Appdata

Hi,

I messed up bad. I changed the Folderownership of the user/appdata folder and checked the apply to all subfolders mark.

The consequences are are as you can imagine quite bad. Programs can't access their settings, the os itself is freaking out, can't acces system repair, ...

What would my best approach be without a fresh install? Can I find an overview of what the proper ownership would be somewhere?

Thx in advance for the help

:)

Corn, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Just to point out that if you run that program it needs admin rights:

I messed up folder ownership off Appdata [​IMG]

If restoring defuaults browse:

Callender, May 25, 2020
  3. Corn Win User

Thx, Tried systemrecovery without result. I probably wil have to resort to a reinstall I suppose?

4. Callender Win User

Works for me:

Anyway here's the direct download link:

h**ps://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/junctionbox/JunctionBox201.zip

Callender, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I messed up folder ownership off Appdata - Similar Threads - messed folder ownership

2. Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?: Hey all,I was going through my AppData folder and accidentally double clicked on the folder name for "Roaming" and started the file renaming process the one where that "typing" bar shows up at the end of the file name. I know that renaming/moving these folders can mess up a...
  3. Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did I mess up my Appdata/Roaming folder?: Hey all,I was going through my AppData folder and accidentally double clicked on the folder name for "Roaming" and started the file renaming process the one where that "typing" bar shows up at the end of the file name. I know that renaming/moving these folders can mess up a...
  4. I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...: I unhid and hid my AppData folder and all the folders in it and that messed up my Windows. Why did that happen?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Here is what...
  5. I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...: I unhid and hid my AppData folder and all the folders in it and that messed up my Windows. Why did that happen?____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Here is what...
  6. I unhid and hid my AppData folder and some of the folders in it- that messed up my Windows...

7. A software has messed up Ownership/Permissions of a lot of folders and files on my Laptop.

A software has messed up Ownership/Permissions of a lot of folders and files on my Laptop.: Hello, i have installed a software on my D: HDD, and then uninstalled it again.I have then noticed that i could not access a lot of folders and files on both D: HDD and C: SSD drives, when trying to open a certain folder for example, it displays the error messages seen in the...
  8. I messed up everything by changing ownership

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  9. I messed up everything by changing ownership

I messed up everything by changing ownership: Uhh... yes i did smth dumb... but please help me. I am the admin and the only user of my PC. But yet most of the folders and files is owned by SYSTEM or TrustedInstaller and whenever I try to access or delete those stuffs, it says access denied which was kinda annoying. So...
  10. I messed up folderownership off Appdata

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up folderownership off Appdata: Hi, I messed up bad. I changed the Folderownership of the user/appdata folder and checked the apply to all subfolders mark. The consequences are are as you can imagine quite bad. Programs can't access their settings, the os itself is freaking out, can't acces system repair,...