Windows 10: I messed up folder ownership off Appdata

Discus and support I messed up folder ownership off Appdata in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I messed up bad. I changed the Folderownership of the user/appdata folder and checked the apply to all subfolders mark. The consequences are are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Corn, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Corn Win User

I messed up folder ownership off Appdata

Hi,

I messed up bad. I changed the Folderownership of the user/appdata folder and checked the apply to all subfolders mark.

The consequences are are as you can imagine quite bad. Programs can't access their settings, the os itself is freaking out, can't acces system repair, ...

What would my best approach be without a fresh install? Can I find an overview of what the proper ownership would be somewhere?

Thx in advance for the help

:)

Corn, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Just to point out that if you run that program it needs admin rights:

I messed up folder ownership off Appdata [​IMG]

If restoring defuaults browse:

Callender, May 25, 2020
  3. Corn Win User

Thx, Tried systemrecovery without result. I probably wil have to resort to a reinstall I suppose?

4. Callender Win User

Works for me:

Anyway here's the direct download link:

h**ps://netcologne.dl.sourceforge.net/project/junctionbox/JunctionBox201.zip

Callender, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. I messed up folder ownership off Appdata - Similar Threads - messed folder ownership

2. I messed up folderownership off Appdata

in Windows 10 Support
    I messed up folderownership off Appdata: Hi, I messed up bad. I changed the Folderownership of the user/appdata folder and checked the apply to all subfolders mark. The consequences are are as you can imagine quite bad. Programs can't access their settings, the os itself is freaking out, can't acces system repair,...
  3. Backing Up. Specifically the AppData folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing Up. Specifically the AppData folder: Hello, My current job involves working with a lot of computers. A lot of those involve data transfers from an older PC to a new PC. I've always been told by everybody there to NOT transfer the AppData folder unless the client knows what they need minecraft saves, certain...
  4. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up: So I got a windows update and it said I had no audio output device installed. So I followed some tips and tried to update realtek but I may or may not have accidentaly uninstalled it instead. Now I don't know how reinstall the Realtek driver plus I need to update the audio...
  5. I messed up with my folder location

I messed up with my folder location: It's all started cause I want to relocate folder C:\Users\Asus\Documents to D:\ SO, I went to the Documents folder properties => location and changed it to D:\. I thought it would help, but instead, something horrible happened. As far as I understand, this Folder wasn't a...
  6. WIndows folders messed up

WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  7. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date when it was working... Boy that was a no no...was my first time using the restore...
  8. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...
  9. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this terrible mess I got myself into? On disk0 the partitions are out of order. What can I do to fix it? [img] . Any help will be appreciated. 96616
  10. Clear up AppData folder/s

in Windows 10 Support
    Clear up AppData folder/s: Hi, Does anybody know of any application that can cross-check your registry and/or Program Files folder with the appdata folder to delete any folders to programs that no longer exist on your pc.? I have a 128GB SSD and I'm trying to get rid of alot of space because it...