Windows 10: i messed up i think

Discus and support i messed up i think in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Toxifys, Feb 28, 2024.

1. Toxifys Win User

i messed up i think

i did a thing in msconfig following what a guy on forums said and i accidentally disabled like a million processes on windows and now i cant log in cause it says i need an app to do this

:)

Toxifys, Feb 28, 2024
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • i messed up i think 37693d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-1.png
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

• i messed up i think 37694d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-2.png
    3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    • i messed up i think 37695d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-3.png
    4. Click OK.
    • i messed up i think 37696d1485956976t-thinking-about-going-back-win8-1-a-step-4.png
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond i messed up i think :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 28, 2024
  4. cdawall Win User

i messed up i think

Thinking of a AM3 setup

or you could get a good cooler like the xiggy Dk which is $25 AMIR now

cdawall, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

i messed up i think

1. i messed up i think - Similar Threads - messed

2. Stop messing up my PC with "New Outlook".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop messing up my PC with "New Outlook".: Some months ago microsoft switched my W10 PC from Mail to "New Outlook". It sent lots of unwanted advertising disguised as e- mails. I uninstalled "New Outlook" and peace reined. Now "New Outlook" has popped up again and has been set as my default mail app.Who invited you to...
  3. Stop messing up my PC with "New Outlook".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop messing up my PC with "New Outlook".: Some months ago microsoft switched my W10 PC from Mail to "New Outlook". It sent lots of unwanted advertising disguised as e- mails. I uninstalled "New Outlook" and peace reined. Now "New Outlook" has popped up again and has been set as my default mail app.Who invited you to...
  4. Stop messing up my PC with "New Outlook".

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?: Hi,Please I am a noob here, so if possible please be patient, and chat to someone who knows limited information about computers.My curiosity led me to this problem.I am trying to solve this issue: KB503441, basically, you need toshrink the Windows Recovery Partition in order...
  6. I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?

I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?: Hi,Please I am a noob here, so if possible please be patient, and chat to someone who knows limited information about computers.My curiosity led me to this problem.I am trying to solve this issue: KB503441, basically, you need toshrink the Windows Recovery Partition in order...
  7. I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have messed up my Windows Recovery Partition or have I ?: Hi,My curiosity led me to this problem.I am trying to solve this issue: KB503441, basically, you need shrink the Windows Recovery Partition in order to perform an windows update.By following this solution:...
  8. Windows 11 Update Messed up my Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update Messed up my Computer: I'm having a technical issue. I cannot download the xbox app on the pc anymore, my microsoft apps aren't working Microsoft store, photos, calendar/calculator, clock, notes, the movies and tv show app, can't reset or update. I've tried a number of different commands,...
  9. Windows 11 Update Messed up my Computer

Windows 11 Update Messed up my Computer: I'm having a technical issue. I cannot download the xbox app on the pc anymore, my microsoft apps aren't working Microsoft store, photos, calendar/calculator, clock, notes, the movies and tv show app, can't reset or update. I've tried a number of different commands,...
  10. onedrive messed up my email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    onedrive messed up my email: don't remember how onedrive was installed on pc, didn't need it anyways, then the hotmail linked with microsoft became full storage and can't send or receive messages.unshared and unlinked onedrive, it says all cloud files will be deleted this way, but on email page it still...