Windows 10: I messed up making the partition during boot.

Discus and support I messed up making the partition during boot. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I installed Windows 11 from USB and followed the instructions. But during the partition process of the installation, I forgot to allocate the space.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WagleMate, Jan 22, 2022.

1. WagleMate Win User

I messed up making the partition during boot.

I installed Windows 11 from USB and followed the instructions. But during the partition process of the installation, I forgot to allocate the space. Now I can't make any changes to the partition. All it shows is a grey unclickable surface when I try to allocate. I would like to solve this as I cannot use 600GB right now.

:)

WagleMate, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jan 22, 2022
  3. /boot Partition?

If you have a newer CPU, I would suggest using some Virtualization software.

Virtual machine software that's free like Virtual Box or a "to buy" one like Vmware...

You can install, mess with and even straight up destroy OS's in a nice, safe little sandbox, and it doesn't hamper a thing *Wink I messed up making the partition during boot. ;)

Dippyskoodlez, Jan 22, 2022
  4. Wile E Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

1. I messed up making the partition during boot. - Similar Threads - messed making partition

2. Clean boot mess up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean boot mess up.: My laptop kept crashing for the past few times so I went to try and do a clean boot. Apparently, after the restart, I can't sign in or use my pin number. A reset doesn't seem to work nor system repair. Is there anything I can do or I gotta get a new laptop?...
  3. I messed up making the partition during boot.

I messed up making the partition during boot.: I installed Windows 11 from USB and followed the instructions. But during the partition process of the installation, I forgot to allocate the space. Now I can't make any changes to the partition. All it shows is a grey unclickable surface when I try to allocate. I would like...
  4. I messed up my partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  5. I messed up my partitions

I messed up my partitions: So i wanted to move about 50gb or close to that from my C drive to my D drive, so i did that using EaseUS program, and it moved that storage as unallocated, then i saw it created a Z drive that i didn't have before.Now i don't know what to do i tried moving that unallocated...
  6. dual boot mess up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dual boot mess up: I installed pop os from a video that worked in the past to upgrade to a new version of pop os, now the boot menu when I hit f12 won't see windows 10 install on my separate drive. It just says intel where windows boot manager should be. I troubleshooted with the windows boot...
  7. Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual Boot Partitions Messed Up: I am trying to dual boot OSX and Windows 10 on my desktop computer. OSX is fully installed, and I have created Windows 10 install media on a flash drive. I am able to boot into the installer, but when I tell the installer to install in the unallocated space ~250gb, it...
  8. Partition mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition mess: I have an Acer A715-71G laptop that came with a 1TB HDD and a linux installation. I have this laptop for two years. On the same day I installed a Samsung 256GB 960 EVO Nvme drive and installed win 10. I might have messed though with the partitions. On subsequent upgrades of...
  9. I messed up a clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up a clean boot: Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  10. Messed up recovery partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Messed up recovery partition: Hello, I was trying to create a recovery drive for my windows but it kept giving me an error. I checked reagent/info in cmd and it turns out the windows recovery environment was disabled. I tried using the code Code: REAGENTC.EXE /setreimage /path...