Windows 10: I messed up my Desktop file index entry

Discus and support I messed up my Desktop file index entry in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Somehow in my desire to change what is backup in OneDrive, I messed up the file index entry for my Desktop. There are folders and files on my Desktop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rtcary, Jul 3, 2021.

1. rtcary Win User

I messed up my Desktop file index entry

Somehow in my desire to change what is backup in OneDrive, I messed up the file index entry for my Desktop. There are folders and files on my Desktop, BUT when I go to the File Explorer, Desktop, it is empty...ouch. Not sure what I did, but can I restore Desktop? Get it to show what is actually showing on my deskto Many thanks for helping an idiot. \rtc Windows Pro 20H2

:)

rtcary, Jul 3, 2021
Thema:

I messed up my Desktop file index entry

1. I messed up my Desktop file index entry - Similar Threads - messed Desktop file

2. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  3. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.: So I've been having problems with my pc crashing and freezing while I'm playing games lately and I tried to look for what it is. I used sfc/scannow and chkdsk on the command prompt and the first one showed no errors while the second one found nothing in the first stage and in...
  4. Index entry X825B1~1.MAN in index $I30 of file EFB97 is incorrect.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  6. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  7. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Desktop messed up on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop messed up on startup: Hello,I've been having an issue with my desktop icons arrangement for a while. Normally, I never use a predefined sorting method such as by name, size, item type... and custom sort the desktop icons myself. It used to work normally: I sort the icons, and they stay where they...
  9. I messed up my Desktop and D drive files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my Desktop and D drive files.: Ok so I was being really dumb and tried to store the files stored on my Desktop in my D drive but everything got all jumbled and I did not get the desired result. I have tried restoring the default location on my Desktop which is now stated to be my D drive, but I get an...
  10. Windows has messed up my desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows has messed up my desktop: I was messing around in the notification area and all of sudden my desktop has changed, every app I've opened takes full screen, and won't restore down, they will minimize. All the desktop icons are hidden, there's something similar to the start menu on the left side of the...