Windows 10: I messed up my ethernet

Discus and support I messed up my ethernet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When i came home from school i noticed that my internet is displaying yellow notification(i am using windows 10) i know that it is something not good... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by demetriskitsantas, Sep 19, 2018.

1. I messed up my ethernet

When i came home from school i noticed that my internet is displaying yellow notification(i am using windows 10) i know that it is something not good and i need finish something in school and i badly need my internet...(i didnt know that my isp is working on something so there is nothing wrong with my router)and i couldnt not wait so i did my own thing....when i click my Network and internet settings i clicked troubleshoot after that i click Diagnose (repair)and let it do its own thing hoping that it will automatically connect me to my IP but when it finished. I notice that i completely lost my connection. the ethernet cable is still blinking and i can connect my phone to wifi but my PC cant connect. I checked my Network Connections and it is darn empty so i cant just enabled my ethernet. My device manager can detect my Realtek PCIe gbe family controller but the device status says "Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device code 56)" that is all

I did reinstall my drivers, did delete my vpn, did network reset, hardware and device troubleshoiter also had an errorI messed up my ethernet [​IMG]

:)

demetriskitsantas, Sep 19, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

I messed up my ethernet install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

I messed up my ethernet pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

I messed up my ethernet select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

I messed up my ethernet Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Cannot connect to ethernet no valid ip configuration

We appreciate the information you've provided. We'd like to confirm the results after following the steps on the link provided on our previous post.

Meanwhile, to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check the following:

• If the Ethernet port is clean.

• If the end of RJ45 (Ethernet cord) is still intact.

• If available, test the RJ45 (Ethernet cord) to your other device and check if issue persists.

We look forward to your reply so we can assist you further.

Zedrick Del, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Ralph Sta Win User

I messed up my ethernet

ethernet

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following:

• Did you try to change the Ethernet and check if the network is connecting?
    • Is the Ethernet working in other computers?
    • Are there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Ralph Sta, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

I messed up my ethernet

1. I messed up my ethernet - Similar Threads - messed ethernet

2. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  3. If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down?: I wanted to know if I plug a cac reader into my gaming laptop will it mess it up or slow it down? Just kinda nervous of messing my laptop up fron it...
  4. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  5. Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?

Windows 11 update messing up the boot commands?: I've recently had issues with my laptop only 3 years old. I installed the latest windows 11 update a couple of weeks ago and since then, my computer is not booting up correctly. For example, I push the power button and the keyboard lights up but there is no display on the...
  6. Onedrive messing up separate desktops

Onedrive messing up separate desktops: I have two desktops on different computers, When I originally set up the second computer onedrive synced 'ghost' files over to my new computer, these files existed on that computers desktop but not in the computer. the shortcuts created for programs on the other computer were...
  7. File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment

File Path Locations completely messed up and cannot locate files in virtual environment: I run molecular dynamics simulations on my local machine, use a virtual Linux environment on my Windows PC. I store both the MD software source code and all of my simulation files on my Desktop. Since allowing OneDrive to sync my files, I am completely unable to locate my...
  8. HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! I can no longer use ethernet after messing with the console/ (cmd): I ran a netsh -c interface ipv4 add neighbors, plugged in my internet name, my MAC address and my ip to see if I could get around an ethernet blocker. My ethernet no longer works and I can only use wireless. submitted by /u/xawesomebro28 [link] [comments]...
  9. HDMI over ethernet messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDMI over ethernet messed up: We have a large TV display in an atrium about 60 ft from our computer location so the TV is connected via HDMI over ethernet. I can't get the Windows 10 PC to stop using the hdmi as the main monitor. The TV becomes the main monitor and the monitor by the computer goes into...
  10. window10 messing up my ethernet driver

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    window10 messing up my ethernet driver: when windows updated my pc on the 17th of december 2015 it updated and then my ethernet driver started to have problems i tryed to trouble shoot but that doesnt work 34474