Windows 10: I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it

Discus and support I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; (let you know now that my L key is mostly locked up). To make it simple, i was trying to make space on my C:/ drive and I though of moving my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by connerelfman, Apr 5, 2019.

1. I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it

(let you know now that my L key is mostly locked up). To make it simple, i was trying to make space on my C:/ drive and I though of moving my desktop,documents, downloads, and pictures to my other drive. when i was doing this i thought that windows would have made folders for each of them but there all in the same folder. should be easy to fix, ' go the the properties, location, then hit restore default'. but it doesnt work and Ive been trying to change one thing but the rest does the same as the others. I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it cc506199-f279-4a49-bedf-53edb9613c29?upload=true.png

:)

connerelfman, Apr 5, 2019
  2. jmcslob Win User

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Apr 5, 2019
  3. Add a path to $PATH?

what exactly do you need to decipher about that path line? also, what are you installing? perhaps i can help.

Easy Rhino, Apr 5, 2019
  4. I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it

Add a path to $PATH?

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the purpose of the echo command was to check if ~/bin was in the $PATH file. My problem is that I can't decipher the output and I don't know how to add ~/bin to the $PATH file.

Just for clarification, the snippet of instructions I gave is just a few steps in the installation process. Nothing is actually supposed to be installed with those steps.

Thanks for the reply.

angelkiller, Apr 5, 2019
Thema:

I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it

1. I messed up my foldetr paths and i can't fix it - Similar Threads - messed foldetr paths

2. Windows 10 Path messed up?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Path messed up?: Hello! I have a problem with the path variables in Windows 10. I wanted to add something to the Path with setx but after that, nothing worked in the Command Prompt, Like 90% of all commands didn't worked. Then I added %SystemRoot% and %SystemRoot%\System32 to it and some...
  3. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up: Our new laptop wouldn’t switch out of s mode so I used a code online to activate it (enterprise). Now MS Office won’t work because I’m not activated and I don’t have a code for windows 10 home. Can someone please help! submitted by /u/ItsLightning17 [link] [comments]...
  4. My touchpad driver is messed up and I can't fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My touchpad driver is messed up and I can't fix it.: My touchpad driver worked fine when I first bought my HP EliteBook, however, my driver has not been allowing me to change scroll settings and scrolling doesn't work on it. I am posting this now because my mouse just broke and I only noticed it today, however, I need the...
  5. Directory path names messed up

Directory path names messed up: When I try to compress a file I get an error that the directory path contains symbols that can't be processed, meaning the Greek words I do have a Greek keyboard installed but my system language is English. The actual name is in English though. E.g. On the left in the...
  6. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up: So I got a windows update and it said I had no audio output device installed. So I followed some tips and tried to update realtek but I may or may not have accidentaly uninstalled it instead. Now I don't know how reinstall the Realtek driver plus I need to update the audio...
  7. My Computer Storage is a Mess... And I Can't Fix It.

My Computer Storage is a Mess... And I Can't Fix It.: A while ago I decided to fix up my storage to make it more convenient. My laptop has the C: drive, which is a 256 GB SSD. It also has a 1TB HDD. I partitioned that HDD into two smaller parts, which are now named Data (D:) and Files (F:). My plan was to keep my applications...
  8. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date when it was working... Boy that was a no no...was my first time using the restore...
  9. Help, I messed up my Users and can't log in!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help, I messed up my Users and can't log in!: So I have a Dell Alienware M18Xr2 which I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Everything was fine until yesterday. I'm building an app in Visual Studio, and was getting an access denied error trying to read a .XML file. It turned out I had the path...
  10. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this terrible mess I got myself into? On disk0 the partitions are out of order. What can I do to fix it? [img] . Any help will be appreciated. 96616