Windows 10: I messed up my laptop, and now Im stuck at automatic repair without it being able to repair...

Discus and support I messed up my laptop, and now Im stuck at automatic repair without it being able to repair... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey there, so recently i've been getting lots of crashes with stopcode "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and then sometimes it was "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Khairuzzad, Jun 22, 2019.

1. I messed up my laptop, and now Im stuck at automatic repair without it being able to repair...

Hey there, so recently i've been getting lots of crashes with stopcode "SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION" and then sometimes it was "CRITICAL PROCESS DIED". Its been going for at least 10 times per day for the past month and when im lucky enough, after rebooting a few times it then runs fine. This week though the problem intensified and it started getting so common I could not open my laptop without getting the BSOD.

A bit of background, im a freelance photographer/videographer and a full time engineering student so i rely alot on my laptop, so this was putting me off my mood.

I decided to look up fixes on thr laptops and started running them, from chkdsk and also memtest and they all came clear. I even performed a windows reset. The problem still persisted, although at a slower rate. At this rate im thinking it has to be the motherboard.

I was weirded out so i decided to go on youtube to search up fixes, and one of them did a cd system regback from the troubleshoot screen. And i did that not knowing what it was 100%. I knew it was going to run the automatic repair tool but i didnt know what i was getting myself into.

Thats when the real problem started. Now I cant even boot my laptop because its always on that 'performing automatic repair' and then it would fail and i either restart the entire thing, or just do nothing. I do not have any system restore points so im sitting duck as of now. I disabled automatic repair and it still wont fix it so i was thinking of booting win10 from a usb, but seeing how the situation has turned out, I figured id ask from proper professionals in this area, if its still fixable...

My first lecture starts in 3 days since term break is over, so Im on my toes searching for help. Is it still fixable or do i need to send it on for repair?

:)

Khairuzzad, Jun 22, 2019

2. Stuck in Automatic repair

I need a step by step guide to create a bootable usb for windows 10 to install on my laptop that is stuck at automatic repair

Gerhard777, Jun 22, 2019
  3. STUCK IN AUTOMATIC REPAIR LOOP

Hi I have got updated my hp laptop to windows ten now i am stuck in automatic repair loop please help not able to open my laptop

Anunaygupta, Jun 22, 2019
  4. I messed up my laptop, and now Im stuck at automatic repair without it being able to repair...

Stuck on automatic repair loop

Hi Gurupad,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

We apologize for the inconvenience that you have stuck on automatic repair loop after upgrade to Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 10, perform an Automatic Repair.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 8 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

I messed up my laptop, and now Im stuck at automatic repair without it being able to repair...

1. I messed up my laptop, and now Im stuck at automatic repair without it being able to repair... - Similar Threads - messed laptop stuck

2. Laptop stuck on automatic repair and not turning on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop stuck on automatic repair and not turning on.: Have tried to press F8 but screen blacks out. I’ve tried force restart and everything and I’ve many and important files in it thag I can’t afford to lose. What do I need to do? Please help asap on call...
  3. Laptop stuck on automatic repair and not turning on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop stuck on automatic repair and not turning on.: Have tried to press F8 but screen blacks out. I’ve tried force restart and everything and I’ve many and important files in it thag I can’t afford to lose. What do I need to do? Please help asap on call...
  4. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: I reset my laptop earlier today and when I turned it back on its stuck saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've let it sit for over a hour now and nothing is happening. All the guides say to launch safety mode but when I press F11 to open the options it gets stuck on another...
  5. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: I reset my laptop earlier today and when I turned it back on its stuck saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" I've let it sit for over a hour now and nothing is happening. All the guides say to launch safety mode but when I press F11 to open the options it gets stuck on another...
  6. Laptop Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop stuck in "Preparing Automatic Repair": Hi fellas, yesterday my laptop went off abruptly. Since then I have not been able to get it working up again. What happens is that whenever I turn it on, it shows the Asus logo and the circles circling around as usual, after that it goes black for a second and I get the same...
  8. Stuck in automatic repair loop without password.

Stuck in automatic repair loop without password.: I got stuck in the automatic repair loop after pressing "shut off and update" and startup repair doesn't seem to work and the other options require a password that I don't have as I use a PIN to log in. How can I solve this? I found a guide that told me to use a program...
  9. Laptop overheated and started up with an automatic repair message. Now it’s been stuck on...

Laptop overheated and started up with an automatic repair message. Now it’s been stuck on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luna_bella96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glgyi5/laptop_overheated_and_started_up_with_an/
  10. Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop stuck on Preparing Automatic Repair: sometime yesterday I tried to boot my windows 10 laptop and it got stuck on the login screen, before I pressed anything to go to the password screen. I tried moving the mouse around to no result. I figured it was frozen so i held down the power button until the laptop turned...