Windows 10: I messed up my windows registry

Discus and support I messed up my windows registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Background story: So i was working on a chatbot in python. The module I was using for text to speech was pyttsx3. It used microsoft voices. I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SaifFarid, Mar 10, 2020.

1. SaifFarid Win User

I messed up my windows registry

Background story: So i was working on a chatbot in python. The module I was using for text to speech was pyttsx3. It used microsoft voices. I wanted to add more voices and use them. So I intsalled Microsoft James via the settings and tried to use it in pyttsx3, but it didn't appear in the list of available voices for that module. After some research on the internet. Someone on stack overflow guided me to this website https://www.ghacks.net/2018/08/11/unlock-all-windows-10-tts-voices-system-wide-to-get-more-of-them/ but instead of telling me to read the whole website, he gave me a summary.

In that summary, he didn't tell me to make a backup for my windows registry, so while I was following the steps, something went wrong. I am not sure what went wrong but now when I try to access the voices available in pyttsx3 using

voices = engine.getProperty'voices'

I would get an error.

I am pretty sure the problem is in my windows registry, as other features in pyttsx3 work well and I didn't always get this error before. This error only came when I messed up my registry.

What I am asking for is how to bring the Voices -> Tokens part in my registry the same way it used to be and then be able to add more voices after installing them via the settings.

:)

SaifFarid, Mar 10, 2020

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 10, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 10, 2020
  4. I messed up my windows registry

registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 10, 2020
Thema:

I messed up my windows registry

1. I messed up my windows registry - Similar Threads - messed registry

2. i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now: I'm kind of stupid, and i dont know what to do here. i first tried this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has - Microsoft Community because that was the original message i got when trying to open it, but i forgot to run the registry editor as...
  3. i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i messed up editing the registry and the Windows security thing is just blank now: I'm kind of stupid, and i dont know what to do here. i first tried this Can't Open Virus & Threat Protection, "Your IT Administrator has - Microsoft Community because that was the original message i got when trying to open it, but i forgot to run the registry editor as...
  4. Messed the Registry Editor, How do I fix it from advanced Settings?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Messed the Registry Editor, How do I fix it from advanced Settings?: So... I had a bit of an issue making webcams work on my PC, and I was dumb enough to believe a random YouTube video would help, turns out I created a DWORD called "EnableFrameServer" and set it to 0.When I restarted my PC, windows informed me it couldn't boot, and redirected...
  5. Messed the Registry Editor, How do I fix it from advanced Settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed the Registry Editor, How do I fix it from advanced Settings?: So... I had a bit of an issue making webcams work on my PC, and I was dumb enough to believe a random YouTube video would help, turns out I created a DWORD called "EnableFrameServer" and set it to 0.When I restarted my PC, windows informed me it couldn't boot, and redirected...
  6. Messed the Registry Editor, How do I fix it from advanced Settings?

7. taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry.

in Cortana
    taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry.: taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry. reinstalled windows, tried everything. absolutely nothing works.don't want to lose this user account. can you help? ty....
  8. taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry.: taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry. reinstalled windows, tried everything. absolutely nothing works.don't want to lose this user account. can you help? ty....
  9. taskbar search not working ,windows 10. might have messed up in registry.

10. I can't access anything on my windows after messing up registries

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't access anything on my windows after messing up registries: I'm optimizing some settings and ran into the registry, then randomly clicked some permissions, and now I can't access anything on my computer....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. messed up windows registry

2. my windows registry is messed up

3. i messed up the registry