Windows 10: I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore?

Discus and support I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can select the restore point to be a few days ago, but will this solve the issue I’m having with my Realtek audio drivers? submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bodkin2005, Sep 1, 2020.

1. I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore?

I can select the restore point to be a few days ago, but will this solve the issue I’m having with my Realtek audio drivers?

submitted by /u/Bodkin2005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bodkin2005, Sep 1, 2020

2. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore?

Conexant Audio Driver keeps messing my sound up

Hi,

I realized your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to first go to Device manager and uninstall the Audio drive but don’t restart the system and then try disabling the update and check if it helps.

Follow the steps to uninstall the driver.

• Press Windows + X, Select Device manager.

• Uninstall the driver.
    How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

Thanks and regards.

Arun B J, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore?

1. I messed up some audio drivers, should I system restore? - Similar Threads - messed audio drivers

2. Should I monitor a system restore?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I monitor a system restore?: Hi!I'm wondering if I need to constantly monitor a system restore process or not. it's been stuck on the registry for a long time now. I just need a straightforward yes or no....
  3. Should I monitor a system restore?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I monitor a system restore?: Hi!I'm wondering if I need to constantly monitor a system restore process or not. it's been stuck on the registry for a long time now. I just need a straightforward yes or no....
  4. Should I monitor a system restore?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system messed up restoring it.: I restored my system with a restore point, after which I had to reinstall everything, I use a program called Daz Studio, I have paid a lot of money for add ons for it, in fact hundreds.I can no longer install these items all I get is the following message and a complete run...
  6. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system messed up restoring it.: I restored my system with a restore point, after which I had to reinstall everything, I use a program called Daz Studio, I have paid a lot of money for add ons for it, in fact hundreds.I can no longer install these items all I get is the following message and a complete run...
  7. system messed up restoring it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC (MSI GS65 Stealth) with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key (first time I did that). My computer was very fast (9th gen i7, SSD). For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I...
  9. I messed up my drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I messed up my drivers: Hello, I've recently bought a new PC MSI GS65 Stealth with FreeDOS, so I installed Windows 10 from a USB key first time I did that. My computer was very fast 9th gen i7, SSD. For example, pressing Windows + E opened the Explorer within 0.1-0.2 second. But when I decided to...
  10. I messed up some msconfig ..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up some msconfig ..: I messed up msconfig to clean boot my laptop. Now i can start win10 but it dont have my account and textfield to enter my password . What should i do ? Pls help me......