Windows 10: I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration.

Discus and support I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe The file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect. this error message pops up with every approach ive taken so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Vil lee ami, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration.

C:\WINDOWS\regedit.exe

The file name directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect.

this error message pops up with every approach ive taken so far.

1. regedit in run

2. resetting / reinstalling windows

3. trying to install any program

4. Formatting via disc

5. Formatting etc

6. using command prompt approaches

7. tried creating another user account but it wont let me it errors out.

There's a few more things I've tried to sadly have not worked and well I'm thinking of chucking this hard drive and just buying a new one, that's where I'm at on the frustration meter lol.

How do I fix something if I cant even get to the problem to fix it.

its a fresh install say about 3 days after updating to windows pro 10 from windows home 10. All in all it is my fault I could've of avoided this, but it is what it is and I'm paying for it now. It was working fine until I tried to change the default installation file from C to E and most likely I messed it up right there hands down. Im not sure what else I could add besides I can still browse the internet just fine its just I cant install any programs or games.

:)

Vil lee ami, Jan 5, 2019

2. defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Jan 5, 2019
  3. psbecker Win User
    Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, Jan 5, 2019
  4. musek Win User

I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration.

ATI Driver install problems

Hi!

There seems to be a kind of a mess after deletion of your current driver.
    Have you tried step-by-step drivers update procedure including Driver Sweeper, deleting Prefetch and Temp folders, etc?

musek, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration.

1. I messed up while changing the defualt installation folder in the registration. - Similar Threads - messed while changing

2. I messed up my Users folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I messed up my Users folder.: The normal users folders or admin folders which consist of Pictures, Documents, Videos, Music, Etc. I change their location and messed up i dont know to reset it and bring it back to normal. Is there any solutions? Please help...
  3. I messed up my Users folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my Users folder.: The normal users folders or admin folders which consist of Pictures, Documents, Videos, Music, Etc. I change their location and messed up i dont know to reset it and bring it back to normal. Is there any solutions? Please help...
  4. Messed Up Main Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed Up Main Folders: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/
  5. Changed directories of user shell folders in regedit, I messed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changed directories of user shell folders in regedit, I messed up.: Error Dialogue Box Uninstalled OneDrive from my computer, was trying to change directories of those user folders using regedit. I messed up. Computer/HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders The dialogue box (attached above)...
  6. I messed up with my folder location

I messed up with my folder location: It's all started cause I want to relocate folder C:\Users\Asus\Documents to D:\ SO, I went to the Documents folder properties => location and changed it to D:\. I thought it would help, but instead, something horrible happened. As far as I understand, this Folder wasn't a...
  7. WIndows folders messed up

WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  8. change defualt

in Windows 10 Customization
    change defualt: I can't figure out how to change my default back to firefox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-defualt/254017a2-9d78-4a02-a473-b77cbe475c9f
  9. I messed up and installed a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I messed up and installed a virus: Installed a program (It was a trainer for game) and it instead was a virus/malware/adware. I uninstalled and ran malware + windows defender. Then I ran revo uninstaller found more of it and delete that. Ran CCleaner then Malware + Win Defender in offline. After all...
  10. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...