Windows 10: I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want

Discus and support I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been trying to change the deafult folder into something else, a .ico file. I followedthis tutorial and now even the "new folder" button looks like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kilmeri, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Kilmeri Win User

I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want

I've been trying to change the deafult folder into something else, a .ico file. I followedthis tutorial and now even the "new folder" button looks like this and every new folder I make looks like that, a blank sheet instead of a folder. What did I do wrong and how do I fix it? How do I change the deafult folder icon? I do know how to individually change them.

I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want 2400f63a-254b-482f-8459-4317cb7dce5d?upload=true.png

:)

Kilmeri, Apr 6, 2020

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Apr 6, 2020
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Apr 6, 2020
  4. I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Apr 6, 2020
Thema:

I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want

1. I messed up with icon files and now the deafult folder icon changed to something I don't want - Similar Threads - messed icon files

2. I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?: Hey there, I need some help with this. I tried following some tutorials online but i dont have a clue! also please dont question the .bat, its a personal project....
  3. I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?: Hey there, I need some help with this. I tried following some tutorials online but i dont have a clue! also please dont question the .bat, its a personal project....
  4. I want to change a .bat file's icon to a custom icon. how?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Folder icons messed up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder icons messed up Windows 11: I booted up the computer Lenovo Ideapad 5 And the icons for all of my folders look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-icons-messed-up-windows-11/ab191396-5a13-4e49-8ade-10b0ab681bd1
  6. Folder icons messed up Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder icons messed up Windows 11: I booted up the computer Lenovo Ideapad 5 And the icons for all of my folders look like this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folder-icons-messed-up-windows-11/ab191396-5a13-4e49-8ade-10b0ab681bd1
  7. Image icons in folders messed up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Image icons in folders messed up: Hi, I've been having this problem lately. It doesn't always happen but is getting more frequent. Rebooting fixes it temporarily. I have Win version 20H2. How do I fix this? I have this and most folders set to "Large Icons" in the "View" setting. When it isn't working right,...
  8. Did I mess something up by clicking icons in Component Services ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Did I mess something up by clicking icons in Component Services ?: I just double clicked on icons circled in red under "running processes" and "COM+ Applications" and did not do anything else: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] I just clicked them....did not change any settings....Am I ok ?...
  9. I want to Change folder icons.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to Change folder icons.: I am trying to change a folder for Program Files but it did not change after I clicked on apply. Why is this happening to me. Please help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-change-folder-icons/76565b45-dd5d-4929-91af-177379192df2"
  10. I messed up my icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up my icons: Kinda new to windows and did something odd, dont know how to change it back. I downloaded a .rar file, and did not have any program associated with opening it. I had 7zip installed, but not set as the default for that type of file. I right clicked the .rar and selected "open...