Windows 10: I messed up with my cloning, help?

Discus and support I messed up with my cloning, help? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by citrusflavour01, Jan 28, 2021.

1. I messed up with my cloning, help?

I messed up with my cloning, help? [​IMG]

So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's saying it's 120GB exactly the same as my SSD? I have no idea what's going on and it's not going going well this cloning thing. What happened to my HHD storage space and how do I clone windows correctly? I'm lost... I'm using EaseUs Todo Backup Home 13.0

:)

citrusflavour01, Jan 28, 2021
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook | Tom's Hardware

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jan 28, 2021
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Jan 28, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

I messed up with my cloning, help?

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

Part of how I keep my SSD fast is to clone it to a platter drive, then clone back. You just want to make sure that you are only cloning teh used space, and not the empty space.

So, again, I isntall Windows to the ssd. Clone to platter drive, then clone back.

I am not sure why, but if I do not do the clone step, the drive's speed, and windows booting, decreases substantially within a week or so.

I am using a Corsair F60 SSD and a Western Digital 500AAKS as drives, and using the free version of Acronis that WD provides, if any of that matters. I am not sure, at this point.

cadaveca, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

I messed up with my cloning, help?

1. I messed up with my cloning, help? - Similar Threads - messed cloning help

2. Help on this website messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help on this website messed up my laptop: I was trying to fix a problem and someone gave me this:"Copy these commands and paste them into Powershell. First, right-click on the Powershell side to enter Administrator Mode.1 launch powershell in Modo from Administrador2 Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted3 Get-AppXPackage...
  3. Help on this website messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help on this website messed up my laptop: I was trying to fix a problem and someone gave me this:"Copy these commands and paste them into Powershell. First, right-click on the Powershell side to enter Administrator Mode.1 launch powershell in Modo from Administrador2 Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted3 Get-AppXPackage...
  4. Help on this website messed up my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. I messed up with my cloning, help?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I messed up with my cloning, help?: [img] So what I was trying to do was to clone my SSD to HHD so that I can install my new SSD. Now the HHD I cloned to was previously 1TB but not it's saying it's 120GB exactly the same as my SSD? I have no idea what's going on and it's not going going well this cloning...
  6. I messed up. Please help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up. Please help!: I had one user account on my Windows 10 and i wanted to change the User folder name. So following this tutorial, https://youtu.be/XASJTN8Sr1I , Created a temporary user account with administrative privileges and signed into it. Went to the registry editor and changed the...
  7. Pls help me. I messed up

Pls help me. I messed up: I was installing chromium os in my old laptop which had windows 10. I booted chromium os through a flash drive and then cleared my hard drive to install chromium os. That resulted in the deletion of windows 10. Now I am creating a bootable USB for windows from the official...
  8. I Need Help i messed up and

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I Need Help i messed up and: and totally wiped my C dive now I cant get It back can someone please help I was running win 10 pro 64 my computer is an AsRock p67 Exstreme4 gen 3 p.1.10-15a with 4 cores running 16 gb ram Basicly I made the mistake after coping the C drive thinking I was them able to...
  9. my files app is messed up help.

my files app is messed up help.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/blorbaii [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fyqthu/my_files_app_is_messed_up_help/
  10. Help, I messed up my Users and can't log in!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help, I messed up my Users and can't log in!: So I have a Dell Alienware M18Xr2 which I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10. Everything was fine until yesterday. I'm building an app in Visual Studio, and was getting an access denied error trying to read a .XML file. It turned out I had the path...