Windows 10: I messed up

Discus and support I messed up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by foreverangel_54, Aug 12, 2019.

1. I messed up

I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date when it was working... Boy that was a no no...was my first time using the restore system. I hate windows 10. well when my computer restarted I had lost most of my icons and a lot of programs. They are somewhere in another file. I just want to know how to put my apps back on my computer. thank you

:)

foreverangel_54, Aug 12, 2019

2. Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

That's a good thought!

In fact, that reminded me to suggest perhaps a clean reinstall of MBAE.
    Normally, the devs like to collect logs FIRST, as the clean reinstall will wipe them out, with their data.

But, if you want to try that -- regardless of what you find in the services -- BEFORE heading over to the MBAE forum, then you might want to try the advice in these 2 pinned posts.
    One lists the steps for a clean reinstall and the other includes a link to a special MBAE cleanup tool for a squeaky clean feeling:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/171634-windows-10-issues-follow-these-steps/
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topi...omment-1011766

If that works, then it might save you the trouble of having to get more help.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2019
  3. RAW
    Raw Win User
    Help me clean up this mess

Wires everywhere...looks sloppy.
    How would you clean up this mess?
    I hate the right hand side of this system, I wish the GPUs PCIe plugs were on the cards ends and not the top..
    Suggestions?

I messed up RAW2500KEVGA670s1.jpg

4. I messed up

Windows 10 updating nightmare

Can you please give me a detailed step-by-step list of instructions for this. I really don't want to mess this up.

JaredRiebeling, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

I messed up

1. I messed up - Similar Threads - messed

2. Help me out of this failed restore mess

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help me out of this failed restore mess: I was running Windows 10 Pro on a desktop Asus MB PC. Messing around with nodejs and npm installation I got everything messed up so I did a system restore. There was a restore point from day before this happened so I picked it. The process took hours and seemed to finish...
  3. Windows key function is messed up!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key function is messed up!: Hello tech geniuses, OS: Win 10 Pro x64 Hope you may help! My Windows Key functions have changed for no apparent reason and I find no information of how to change it back to default settings. Example of what I want: [Windows Key] + [E] = Open Explorer [Windows Key] +...
  4. Icon grid all messed up?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon grid all messed up?: After changing the font text size on my parents computer, it was too big and so I changed it back, but it seems that after I did that, this started happening. The grid all messed up. The highlight is very wide. It doesn't let me move any icons other than those positions and...
  5. My Computer Storage is a Mess... And I Can't Fix It.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Computer Storage is a Mess... And I Can't Fix It.: A while ago I decided to fix up my storage to make it more convenient. My laptop has the C: drive, which is a 256 GB SSD. It also has a 1TB HDD. I partitioned that HDD into two smaller parts, which are now named Data (D:) and Files (F:). My plan was to keep my applications...
  6. Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser

Windows 10 October 2019 Update messes up Chrome Browser: My computer just updated to the newest version yesterday. It is Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763. Right after that when I tried to use the Chrome Browser I started getting slow responses loading pages with a message on the bottom of the page saying " establishing secure...
  7. Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stupid Updates Keep Messing Stuff Up: This is the second time an update has screwed up my computer. The first fix was easy, using system restore. But NOW, I cant do anything. Everything I try to open says "class not registered", including settings. Advanced startup options doesn't give me the options to reset or...
  8. Windows 10 update messes up Ubuntu terminal colors (again!)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 update messes up Ubuntu terminal colors (again!): Hi, Seems the last update (hit me August 9) messed up the Ubuntu terminal colors. (this happened before several times). To see it: Open a terminal window, open up some file on vi, and scroll up and down using your keyboard's arrow keys. You will get black background on...
  9. I accidentally messed up Windows Defender (help!)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I accidentally messed up Windows Defender (help!): Hello. I was trying for a method on Youtube to turn off Windows Defender since exclusions was not working, and it kept deleting all my files I need. I did a method where I must of renamed something, I cleared my history so I do not know what the video was. Here is a...
  10. Photos and Movies Messed Up on Moving to Windows 10 PC

Photos and Movies Messed Up on Moving to Windows 10 PC: Hello, I did what I normally do when moving my photos and videos from my phone to my PC, so that I can offload them to my external hard drive. This is the first time, in many times, that I've ever had a problem with doing the following: All of the files are size 14 GB,...