Windows 10: I messed with MSCONFIG and turned on safe mode. Now my passwords dont work

Discus and support I messed with MSCONFIG and turned on safe mode. Now my passwords dont work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So basically i messed a little with MSCONFIG now my passwords dont work. even microsoft or xbox live ones. i tried going to advanced options and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by deividasas, Jan 24, 2021.

1. I messed with MSCONFIG and turned on safe mode. Now my passwords dont work

So basically i messed a little with MSCONFIG now my passwords dont work. even microsoft or xbox live ones.
    i tried going to advanced options and followed some tutorials but at the end it asked for my password. and none of them worked. im on win 10 64 bits

:)

deividasas, Jan 24, 2021
  2. kian Win User

Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

Hello,

My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of safe mode without display.
    It happened before too, i found some steps to get out of safe mode without display with keyboard only.

Also Monitor is connected to Motherboard VGA, i also tried the CMOS reset.

Any help ?

Thank you in advance.

3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 24, 2021
  4. John Vil Win User

I messed with MSCONFIG and turned on safe mode. Now my passwords dont work

No Networking in Safe Mode/Password Issues

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is there anything specific that you are trying to do in safe mode?
    • Was your Internet working when you were on normal mode?
    • Were you having password when you were on normal mode?

To exit safe mode and boot into normal mode, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as Normal startup, click on
      Apply and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

We look forward for your response.

John Vil, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

I messed with MSCONFIG and turned on safe mode. Now my passwords dont work

1. I messed with MSCONFIG and turned on safe mode. Now my passwords dont work - Similar Threads - messed MSCONFIG turned

2. Safe mode now except my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Safe mode now except my password: For the past 6 months a window update has been cancelling Everytime.I turn my PC on this morning and get blurred screen.Go into safe mode to uninstall all the updates and bam WON'T LET ME SIGN VIA PASSWORD...
  3. Safe mode now except my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Safe mode now except my password: For the past 6 months a window update has been cancelling Everytime.I turn my PC on this morning and get blurred screen.Go into safe mode to uninstall all the updates and bam WON'T LET ME SIGN VIA PASSWORD...
  4. Safe mode now except my password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Dont know password in safe mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Dont know password in safe mode: So recently I noticed a program was crashing alot and I thought it was because I had too many apps open when I start my computer so I wanted to start it in safe mode: minimal. When it had restarted I tried to login but noticed it would only accept my Password and not my pin...
  6. I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I booted my PC into safe mode using MSCONFIG, I forgot the admin password and now I cannot...: Hi, I went into safe mode on my PC using MSCONFIG and I tried to log in but instead of PIN it is Password. I know you can get out of this through command prompt in the BIOS, but when I try to put in my microsoft account password, it says it is wrong while I am 100% sure that...
  7. I turned safe mode on and forgot my password

in Windows 10 Customization
    I turned safe mode on and forgot my password: I had some problems with Twitch App on windows 10 when I checked the website it told me to turn on safe mode and reboot, but when I did so I faced another problem, I should login using only the microsoft account password and i don't remember the password and can't recover it,...
  8. Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in safe mode after setting safe mode at booting with msconfig and I am now...: Hello, i needed to boot my notebook ( windows 10) in safemode so i chanced my booting preferences in msconfig to safe boot. I did this procedure many many times in the past. Once restarted, my correct password was not recognised as correct and i am now locked out without...
  9. Safe Mode Password Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe Mode Password Not Working: I entered safe mode and all of a sudden password doesn't work anymore. Its been the same password. I have a wired connection. Why cant I sign in. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-password-not-working/8f60631f-77d1-460b-8eda-8f95cc2222c8
  10. password not working in safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    password not working in safe mode: i wanted to use safeboot to uninstall avast just for general knowlege. i tried to do safe mode with networking and it didnt work i didnt have internet, i tired it wired and wireless (cuase im using a laptop) the password changing software cost 50 bucks sorry microsoft but...