Windows 10: I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.

Discus and support I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So I followed a guide that explicitly told me to reset the permissions of C: I was having issues with multiple folders of music. Then because of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NotTucks, Jun 20, 2021.

1. NotTucks Win User

I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.

So I followed a guide that explicitly told me to reset the permissions of C: I was having issues with multiple folders of music. Then because of this my windows UI broke, and I had to reset. Now, after the reset, I am still having issues with things like the Minecraft Launcher, Dell Power Manager, and other files. Is there any way I could reset all permissions to what they were by default without losing all my user files and redownloading 100's of gb worth of games again?

:)

NotTucks, Jun 20, 2021

2. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hooray!!!! Thanks so much, you are a superstar. Issue resolved.

I thought the fact that "Administrators" were listed in the permissions meant that all Admins had access, but apparently not. Now I added my specific login account, it works fine.

Thanks so much for your help, these UAC things in Windows are quite confusing, I am not (entirely) stupid!!

glastolover, Jun 20, 2021
  3. Windows is not activated following "reset this pc"

Thank you @NavyLCDR, I tried your suggestions but still have the same issue.
    @Superfly, My main issue is the fact that sppsvc.exe won't start and throws the Error 5 (Access Denied). I tried changing permissions, taking ownership etc. but still have the same issue.

I guess my next step is another restore :-(. I assume you mean a fresh install because the original issue was caused after I clicked "Reset this PC" option in system settings?

the5krunner, Jun 20, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue.

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Thema:

1. I messed with the permissions of my entire pc, reset, and I still have the issue. - Similar Threads - messed permissions entire

2. Windows 11 updates seem to have messed up my entire pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 updates seem to have messed up my entire pc: Since a recent windows 11 update, my entire pc seems as if it may be fried. It's a Asus Tuff gaming laptop and my problems started as screen glitches. The screen would freeze save for a bunch of lines near the top and the very top of the screen I could see my mouse moving if...
  3. Windows 11 updates seem to have messed up my entire pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 updates seem to have messed up my entire pc: Since a recent windows 11 update, my entire pc seems as if it may be fried. It's a Asus Tuff gaming laptop and my problems started as screen glitches. The screen would freeze save for a bunch of lines near the top and the very top of the screen I could see my mouse moving if...
  4. I was having issues with my PC and someone did a reset on it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was having issues with my PC and someone did a reset on it.: now I can't access anything it give me a black screen Administrator screen that has x:\windows\system32> what can I do to get my computer working again even if I can't get the files back...
  5. I was having issues with my PC and someone did a reset on it.

I was having issues with my PC and someone did a reset on it.: now I can't access anything it give me a black screen Administrator screen that has x:\windows\system32> what can I do to get my computer working again even if I can't get the files back...
  6. I have reset my pc and still don’t have my d drive back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have reset my pc and still don’t have my d drive back: I have reset my pc and still don’t have my d drive back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-pc-and-still-dont-have-my-d-drive/312f8271-7904-42b3-8c46-b43db5340ccf
  7. I have reset my pc and still don’t have my d drive back

I have reset my pc and still don’t have my d drive back: I have reset my pc and still don’t have my d drive back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-reset-my-pc-and-still-dont-have-my-d-drive/312f8271-7904-42b3-8c46-b43db5340ccf
  8. reset my PC and still have the same Wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    reset my PC and still have the same Wallpaper?: Okay so today I removed my HDD and put a new SSD in its spot. But when I made a fresh install of Windows, it set my wallpaper again! It’s the macOS catalina wallpaper again. Is there a chip on the motherboard that stores wallpaper? That’s ridiculous lol submitted by...
  9. I am an idiot and messed up the permissions on my PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I am an idiot and messed up the permissions on my PC.: [ATTACH] When i got this PC a couple years back, i didn't really set up a user properly. So it just logs in as "HOME". Everything was working fine until i removed myself as an Administrator. Now when i go into Users and find HOME, im not even a member of the Users group....
  10. I messed with User permissions..

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I messed with User permissions..: Hi, While trying to delete the old windows files after an upgrade it kept denying deletion because TrustedInstaller wouldn't allow it so I tried to change ownership from TrustedInstaller to to administrators group and things went down hill from here. apparently a 2nd group...