Windows 10: I Might be Infected with Malware

Discus and support I Might be Infected with Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AEGreene, Sep 11, 2019.

1. AEGreene Win User

I Might be Infected with Malware

I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not close it. I ran the Microsoft Removal Tool but this came back saying nothing was wrong. I called a service I have for remote access. As soon as they were connected to my computer, The page did not come up. I took some screen shots and I would like to send you a link. I cannot understand how to do this. This is one of the screenshots. There is no web address for them. I sent it to:

https://answers.microsoft.com When I tried to enter the full address as it appears, the response was that it was invalid. If there is another way to do this, please let me know. I have it in my dropbox screenshots.

Alice Greene

[Original Title: Malware]

:)

AEGreene, Sep 11, 2019
  2. bruinator Win User

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Sep 11, 2019
  3. steps taken for infected Pc's.

Hi:

There is no one set of "boilerplate", "cookbook" or standard steps.
    Each computer is unique.
    Each malware infection is unique.
    Proper diagnosis, cleanup and repair depends on the particular infection and the system that is infected.
    The process can be tedious and time-consuming, often requiring the use of multiple powerful tools, in the proper sequence.
    Many of them can actually damage the system if deployed improperly by untrained computer users.

Bottom line:
    Malware cleanup is best done with *customized* support provided by trained individuals who know what tools to use and how to use them.

There are a few folks with such expertise here at this forum (I am not one of them).
    And there are a number of reputable computer disinfection fora where trained malware removal experts provide free, custom assistance.

Cheers,

MoxieMomma, Sep 11, 2019
  4. lisaglenn Win User

How to Fix a Malware Infected Computer?

Hi everyone..*Smile I Might be Infected with Malware :)
    My system was infected with a Malware. Even after malware has been removed from a computer many of the problems caused by it still remain.
    How do I Recover my Important Files Deleted During Infection?

lisaglenn, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. I Might be Infected with Malware - Similar Threads - Might Infected Malware

2. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  3. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Infected by malware: I have been infected with something that says " MCAffee"Subscription payment failed". I tried to find it a program to delete but could not. I run a Dell with Windows 10 Pro. How do I delete this program?Thanks in advance....
  4. Infected by malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Malware infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware infection: My laptop got infected with malware win-10 after using anti-malware I deleted some programme now a msg is popping up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-infection/b87a988d-00df-4403-9be2-2afdd9d9f889
  6. I might be infected with Spyware.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I might be infected with Spyware.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I got Forza Horizon 3 and as you know it doesn't work with version 1909 of windows, and stuff, I got a fix that ,,fixes'' the game, it worked fine, it did open, it did something to the Forza Horizon, but I restarded my laptop and I wanted to listen...
  7. Am I Infected with Malware?

Am I Infected with Malware?: hello, I have what can only described as exploding dots. from a dot to a circle about 1cm. the cursore moves all over opening and closing apps. Ran defender no joy. down loaded malicious removal tool. no joy. HELP. [Original Title: malware]...
  8. Am I infected with malware?

Am I infected with malware?: I am having odd things happening on my laptop. I'm trying to download and update: KB558244 2020-04cumulative update for Windows 10 version 2004. The update fails with the message: "There were some problems installing updates... 8000ffff. Also I have tried to run the...
  9. I have Infected with Malware

I have Infected with Malware: My computer has recently become infected with Malware. It is OK for about 20 minutes after startup but then programs randomly start and the view zooms in. Grey spots appear on the left side of the screen where icons normally appear on Desktop. A few popup ads will...
  10. PC infected with malware

PC infected with malware: I recently ran kmspico.exe and couple other unverified programs(of course by mistake) and now my pc's loaded with malware and virus. I reset my pc completely but I still think there are virus files saved which weren't deleted as I had opted to kept personal files. I don't...