Windows 10: I might have destroyed my computer

Discus and support I might have destroyed my computer in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was playing a video game, and all of a sudden, my PC freezes and crashes. It is then on the blue, restarting, please do not turn off your computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/imsadandlonely1, Jul 29, 2020.

1. I might have destroyed my computer

I was playing a video game, and all of a sudden, my PC freezes and crashes. It is then on the blue, restarting, please do not turn off your computer page, with a sad face. I turned off my Computer and turned it on again. Now, I am stuck on the Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key screen and I can’t get out of it.

Please help

submitted by /u/imsadandlonely1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/imsadandlonely1, Jul 29, 2020

2. is it possible to hand build a motherboard?

Might I suggest you simply build a computer, making notes and taking pictures step by step. Most people (probably including your teacher) have no idea even where to start building a computer. You'll do fine, and if you get stuck we're here to help ya out! *Toast :toast:

thoughtdisorder, Jul 29, 2020
  3. How to identify which model of Realtek HD Audio I have...

Belarc Advisor will usually tell you more than you need to know. You might also go to Start > Run and enter dxdiag and check out the Sound tab. Finally, you could step through the properties of the device as listed in your Device Manager - right click on My Computer > Properties > Sound, video and game controllers > right click on [your device] > Properties > Driver.

Having said that, it typically is not a good idea to upgrade HW drivers unless your current driver is corrupt, or if the new driver specifically addresses a problem you are having. If you have XP, it might be best to uninstall the current drivers, reboot and let XP reload what it has in its data base, or as suggested, go out to the motherboard maker's site and download the drivers from there.

Bill_Bright, Jul 29, 2020
  4. br4dz Win User

I might have destroyed my computer

[FS][US]   Intel Core 2 Duo E8500

It's a C0 stepped.

br4dz, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

I might have destroyed my computer

1. I might have destroyed my computer - Similar Threads - might destroyed computer

2. I might have a virus…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I might have a virus…: So I thought I had a virus because my computer was being really slow and a bit buggy so I ran SFC and DISM and then I restarted my computer after this whenever I turned it back on all my icons on my desktop were completely invisible and only the program name was showing so I...
  3. I might have a virus…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I might have a virus…: So I thought I had a virus because my computer was being really slow and a bit buggy so I ran SFC and DISM and then I restarted my computer after this whenever I turned it back on all my icons on my desktop were completely invisible and only the program name was showing so I...
  4. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  5. Windows 11 Destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Destroyed my computer: Hello,I'm absolutely baffled by what Microsoft has done. I woke up this morning to an update in progress restarting my computer. I left came back and it hadn't finished so I left it. When I got back later in the day the computer was at my log in screen and looked normal but...
  6. Recent update destroyed my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Recent update destroyed my computer: The most recent windows update has caused my windows to deactivate, cause my task bar, start up and search to stop working entirely. My recovery save is gone, I can not rollback to my previous windows update. I can't open up any up any thing other then settings and chrome. On...
  7. I destroyed my computer - Now I do not have internet and can't reset my computer - I have...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I destroyed my computer - Now I do not have internet and can't reset my computer - I have...: Hello, I have an ACER laptop with Windows 10. So I was trying to make my computer run faster and I followed the steps on the following guide https://www.minitool.com/backup-tips/service-host-local-system-high-disk.html I followed steps 1,2,3,4 and 6 and then...
  8. i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing

in Windows 10 Support
    i destroyed my computer by doing the simplest thing: So I decided I wanted to download Fortnite, which requires he Epic Games Launcher, so I download that. While it’s downloading I continued playing Counter Strike, and I got a “Do you want this program to make changes to your computer?” notification and then my screen turns...
  9. last update destroyed my computer

last update destroyed my computer: I do not use my HP all in one computer very much when I attempted to pay my bills last month it down loaded the latest up dates. it has not worked properly since I was directed to reload Windows 10 by going online to Microsoft . when I done this I received error msg...
  10. windows has destroyed my computer

windows has destroyed my computer: I downloaded my free upgrade and now my computer is stuck in a loop - blue screen/black screen. Tech support was useless. Why is Windows allowed to put out a product that does not work and we have to pay to repair? It would be so nice if someone started a class-action lawsuit...