Windows 10: I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him...

Discus and support I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; control over my computer even after turning it off and back on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DONALD NWOKE, Jun 20, 2024.

1. I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him...

control over my computer even after turning it off and back on

:)

DONALD NWOKE, Jun 20, 2024

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Jun 20, 2024
  3. update about Quick Access not responding

Hello,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Disable Quick Access.
    • Re-enable Quick Access.
    • Restart your computer, and see if it helps.

• For you to customize the Quick Access Toolbar, click
      here.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Jun 20, 2024
  4. Mark Ole Win User

I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him...

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him...

1. I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him... - Similar Threads - mistakenly granted scammer

2. I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I mistakenly granted a scammer access to my computer using Quick Access. How can I take him...: control over my computer even after turning it off and back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-mistakenly-granted-a-scammer-access-to-my/d0f089c7-e04e-4b9d-8e45-35f42d883235
  3. Microsoft Family safety, How can i grant access to a software.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Family safety, How can i grant access to a software.: Everytime my son starts his notebook, Asus Fan control wants to start. But need the pin of a Admin. Fan control / GPU control is important, i dont want to give the Admin pin to my son. How can i allow it via family control?Thank you...
  4. Microsoft Family safety, How can i grant access to a software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family safety, How can i grant access to a software.: Everytime my son starts his notebook, Asus Fan control wants to start. But need the pin of a Admin. Fan control / GPU control is important, i dont want to give the Admin pin to my son. How can i allow it via family control?Thank you...
  5. GRANT ACCESS

in Windows 10 Customization
    GRANT ACCESS: Aditional permissions are required to access the following files... MS Word needs access to the file named.. Sečect the mite to grant access. Word cannot open the document : user does not have access privileges...
  6. How can I be granted access to more advanced power settings?

How can I be granted access to more advanced power settings?: Hi, I will try to make this as easy to understand as possible. Under Power Options > Change advanced power settings. But I only have the available options in the image attached. I am trying to optimize my device to run a piece of software the best way possible for me Ableton...
  7. Scammer accessing my computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer accessing my computer: He said he worked for MS said my anti virus had expired, He said he needed to access my PC to install the new software. It took me 15 mins on the phone with him to make up my mind, weather or not to give him access, to my computer, but I did! MORON Any ways The...
  8. Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Scammer - Remote Access to my Computer: My dad was using my computer when he clicked a link, which caused a red screen to pop up with a phone number to call Microsoft, threatening saying your computer has been infected by a virus, etc. Typical scam. Well my dad actually did call and gave them remote access to...
  9. Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access is locked. How can I enable it to make use of it: The title says it all. There ia a lot of information on how to disable Quick Access, or loose it, sell it, hide it, etc. I also searched the Tutorials, and found nothing. Perhaps someone can direct me to the instructions, if they exist. Thank you. 114574
  10. How can I remove "quick access"

How can I remove "quick access": How can I remove "quick access", or at least change the option to point to a file in the folder where I save it. Only after saving several files that were directed to "My Documents" (not on C:\ drive) did I find that I couldn't locate them. I finally found them on "quick...