Windows 10: I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving...

Discus and support I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; " Excel cannot open the file '~name of file because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Melissa Robinette, Jan 31, 2023.

1. I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving...

" Excel cannot open the file '~name of file because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file. What do I do to recover my file?

:)

Melissa Robinette, Jan 31, 2023

2. Move Applications Between Virtual Desktops

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Try the following steps to move applications between virtual desktops.

• Right-click on the program you want to move.

• Select “Move to”, and then select the desktop number to which you want to move the program.
    You can also, drag and drop the app of your choice to the desktop you want to add.

Hope it helps.

Do let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Jan 31, 2023
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    Move Icon to Desktop

Hi Patricia,

For us to better assist you with this concern, we need to ask a few questions:

• Are you getting any error messages when you are trying to move the Excel icon to your desktop?
    • Were there any changes made prior to this issue?

You can create an Excel desktop shortcut on your Windows 10 computer by referring to the steps provided in the article on this link.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you.

Rhina Vib, Jan 31, 2023
  4. I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving...

Move file - duplicate

You obviously can't but here are two very simple methods:

• Rename the pre-existing file; or
    • Move the new file to a different location (e.g. to Documents), rename it, then move it to the Desktop.

Frederik Long, Jan 31, 2023
Thema:

I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving...

1. I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving... - Similar Threads - moved file thumbdrive

2. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  3. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I move apps to my desktop?: I have some apps pinned to my taskbar that I would like to have on my desktop. why is it not an option to do so? it wont let me drag it, it wont come up as an option when I right click it, it wont let me from the start menu, and when I try it from my file explorer I don't...
  4. Why can't I move apps to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't move my cursor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't move my cursor: I can't move my cursor for some reason like when I try to move it it just teleports back into the same place can somebody help please Need help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-my-cursor/3ecaed46-d891-4a33-b61e-6ce0c1bf32d4
  6. I can't move my cursor

I can't move my cursor: I can't move my cursor for some reason like when I try to move it it just teleports back into the same place can somebody help please Need help asap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-move-my-cursor/3ecaed46-d891-4a33-b61e-6ce0c1bf32d4
  7. I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving...

I moved a file from my thumbdrive to my desktop and now I can't open it, even after moving...: " Excel cannot open the file '~name of file because the file format or file extension is not valid. Verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file. What do I do to recover my file?...
  8. My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop icons move when I move my desktop icons: So when I download a new app, or move an existing icon on one device(desktop), it does the same thing on the other device(laptop). It’s getting kind of annoying and I want the 2 devices to keep their own apps independently, so does anyone know how to help? Much appreciated....
  9. Error moving files to my desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error moving files to my desktop: This is similar to another problem i had recenty. Whenver I try to open or move one or more downloaded files to my desktop , a message pops up saying that "Opening these files maybe harmfil to your computer. Your internet security settings has blocked one or more files from...
  10. I can't move my apps in the desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't move my apps in the desktop: When I try to move it, it just shows ----- a cross sign, - - - /...